cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB
Legend

Widespread Flooding

No, not the current weather, the Community.

Looks like a mopping-up operation on copies of a certain multiply repeated post would be in order, with or without the dropping of sandbags 🙂

Oh, and I can’t set the correct board from Safari on this iPad. I do ‘Show All’ and see the ‘NowTV Community’ board entry I want to set, but it won’t set.... 😞

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly this community gets hit very often with spam/nuisance posts which are splattered over as many sections (and multiple times within each one) as they can possibly get them onto. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, indeed.

But I think the software in use for the Community is Lithium, and Sony use Lithium on their Community, and their configuration detects and blocks attempts at post flooding (which is where I first came across the term, albeit by accident )

Even If it’s not Lithium, it would be worth the Community staff looking to see what its flood defences might be.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoyB @Anonymous User ,

Hi both,

Thanks for flagging this. I've given him a warning and removed the duplicates.

It is indeed Lithium (now known as Khoros) We have filters in place that pick up offensive language and key words but spam / flooding is a little more difficult to control, historically our response has just been reactive but you make a good point. I'll start exploring the options here. 

Thanks

Simon