cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why no subtitles

I cant hear a word they are saying on 'Return to Sender' because its all whispering and grunting. I cant turn the TV up too much because it'll wake the baby. God knows what its like for people who are genuinely hard of hearing. Pretty useless I would guess. Not good.

I know its something that 'will be implemented one day in the next few decades' but whats the actual reason?

It's technically possible because literally every other service has them, so what's the political reason subtitles arent available? Who is blocking this basic feature from being added?

I've seen the official page btw so no need to reply with that a link to that thanks.

Please add subtitles, for the love of god (and movies with actors with husky voices)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We do appreciate your feedback.

Please take a look at @Anonymous User post here. He explains the reasons of why we still haven't implemented this feature to our service.

Birgit

NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did look at the post by  @Anonymous User. 

But he wrote that on 19th Feb 2014 - over 2 years ago!!

Why no decision?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had a basic NOWtv  box but a few days and have not been able to get subtitles ("captions") on ANY programme!

I have checked "settings" they are on "if available" .

I am presently watching an episode of QI which I KNOW had subtitles but now does not.

I am very hard of hearing, registerd deaf and so RELY on subtitles. The box only cost me £12.50 at Sainsburies so if I cannot get subtitles it can go in the bin and I shall cancel my accounts.

BTW a "key" to the basic remote button would be MOST useful! If there is a more sophisticated remote I shall buy one (assuming I get subs!)

Dave. Northampton

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User they are supposed to be coming for Now content. It was announced earlier year. Not sure what hold up is. You can already get them on free view on the smart box.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Elite 2.

I have already canelled my movies pass since ALL of Hollywood mumbles and that would be a waste of time and money for me.

My interests are science and crime thrillers and so UNDERSTANDING the dialogue is paramount for me. Not giving them £6.99 a month to not know what is being said!

Dave.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  have you noticed the trial against black and white boxes on the front page of the forum.  It is unusual for an update to be tested like this.  My personal guess, and I have no actual knowledge of this, is it is possibly subtitles.  (It may be totally different. )  You can register for the trial.  I am not sure exactly when it will start.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am very hard of hearing and need subtitles. Disappointed if I don't know what people are saying then not sure if it is worth me paying the subscription. This discriminates against the deaf and those with hearing difficulties.