cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reeze
Mentor

Re: Why no Linux Support?

This is the last month I'll run my sub probably. Just no point. Forced ads no matter where you watch from (I do pay for this service, why shove more ads in my face?), low quality (where exactly is > 1080p streams?) and the fact I can't watch anything on my linux computers (which is all of them...) just is the cherry on top. Amazon prime video works fine in a browser on linux. Netflix works fine in a browser on linux. NowTV is trying to force me to use their incredibly buggy and silly app, which isn't supported on linux. Amazon prime video has high quality streams. Netflix has high quality streams. NowTV... well, doesn't. I could understand the attitude of not bothering to acknowledge other operating systems if NowTV had the best quality or the best selection, but it has neither. Inferior product that forces ads and doesn't work on my pc... cancelling my sub.

Paulzrx

I have just paid for entertainment package and movies to discover you don't support Linux.

all my PCs and laptops run Linux.

yes I could install windows via shell extensions or something similar, but just to watch TV. really!

I have to say I'm very surprised at this lack of support.

printer manufacturers and other computer packages are getting support now so why do you ignore this large source of revenue.

I will be asking for my money back.

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Paulzrx 

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-market-share/

If you have a TV, a £15 NowTV Stick will enable you to leverage your investment in passes here.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Jodel

I too have just discovered that there is no Linux support which I find a bit surprising these days.  I had expected to view Now TV on my computers and the inability to do this is a deal breaker for me I'm afraid.

I don't use Windows or Apple computers so it looks like my use of Now TV will be limited to the one month pass I purchased.

0 Thanks