cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why no Linux Support?

The title says it all.

You are alienating a large number of potential users by not supporting/allowing your service on Linux.

Even a browser option would be good.

I am a new Now TV Customer using a Roku3 but would be good to use laptops (all linux) on occasions.

Pretty miffed to find this limitation TBH!Smiley Mad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

You know Guys

Most domestic users, Now TV's target demographic, are not hung on computer operating systems because most people will either stick with what they know or what is available and works.

However, if you both feel passionate about Linux then I suggest you put your idea in the "Ideas for NOW TV" area of this forum and see how many other forum members support it.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be honest a proper web app, even if it did rely on DRM implemented in the browser (like netflix) would be sufficient to provide cross platform support and would mean there is no longer a need to support multiple applications as there is now.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
To be honest a proper web app, even if it did rely on DRM implemented in the browser (like netflix) would be sufficient to provide cross platform support and would mean there is no longer a need to support multiple applications as there is now.

@Anonymous User, i'll certianly pass it on. Would be great to see it implemented to be honest. Especially considering Linux is growing steadily over the years. Steam implemented a version of WINE today i think so you know it's getting bigger.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, we are still waiting to see nowtv on Linux...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is the last month I'll run my sub probably. Just no point. Forced ads no matter where you watch from (I do pay for this service, why shove more ads in my face?), low quality (where exactly is > 1080p streams?) and the fact I can't watch anything on my linux computers (which is all of them...) just is the cherry on top. Amazon prime video works fine in a browser on linux. Netflix works fine in a browser on linux. NowTV is trying to force me to use their incredibly buggy and silly app, which isn't supported on linux. Amazon prime video has high quality streams. Netflix has high quality streams. NowTV... well, doesn't. I could understand the attitude of not bothering to acknowledge other operating systems if NowTV had the best quality or the best selection, but it has neither. Inferior product that forces ads and doesn't work on my pc... cancelling my sub.