cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why no F1 qualifying on demand the night before a grand prix ?

So, all the hype about all F1 races and qualifying etc with sports pass, so bought it.

Now, Saturday night 10PM, Grand Prix is tomorrow and no qualifying session is available to watch On Demand.  It finished live five hours ago, when do I get to watch it, after the race?  Useless......

11 REPLIES 11
Karl17
Advocate

Yeah same here, not great that I missed it earlier to go out, try to avoid all spoilers and then come to watch it tonight and there is nothing on here.

Not a great service to pay for when I cant even watch it on demand....

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Karl17 because it's on All4. The rights deal in the UK means that Channel 4 get an exclusive period to show replays/on demand before Sky/Now. It will be the same with the race.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/formula-1

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @Karl17 qualifying is now available.

Screenshot_20220522-093026.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, but no use when we have busy Sunday mornings and want to watch the GP live , it should be available as soon as the live broadcast finished, or add an hour like iplayer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, they of course don't mention this in the advertising. Maybe will change when CH4 looses GP coverage next year, so basically I have a service that is great if you want to hear all about it on the news well before I can watch it.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

That might be a moot point if Sky end up buying Channel 4. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is precisely why I am serious leaning on going for BT TV when I move this summer as regardless of what people are saying Recording does still have a benefit for things like this. Sky Glass doesn't have this benefit and there using Hub thing for Catchup doesn't seem to be the best.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

It won't to sell Channel 4 requires legislation to pass through parliament and then for the auction to happen for it's sale not a chance in hell it will happen before the end of 2022. Unless Sky renew the F1 deal with same terms for the 2023 season which they might as they don't care about Now lately.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

From what I remember with Sky sports on demand content when they used to have WWE they had it available the following day, as it was shown live in the early hours of the morning. 

That being said Sky do need to improve the speed of getting on demand content up for sports in general. Of course the live aspect is the main seller for the sports, however to introduce catch up, the events do need to be added in the same time manner as entertainment content. Which is usually just after being aired.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help