cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why cant i watch xmas tv

I got Now TV after moving into a rented flat with no aeriel. It has all been fine until the Christmas TV has started today.

It seems many of the BBC and ITV movies are 'not accessible on this format'. I am so cheesed off. I had to move with my daughters and this is our first Christmas after leaving their father, Now we won't be able to watch any of the main films on xmas day and I feel realy guilty. I have been trying so hard to make this as good an xmas as possible for them. TV isn't everything but this is now another thing they have to do without and I am mad.

WHY am I not able to watch the main xmas films with an entertainment bundle? If the BBC have paid to show Frozen on BBC 1 why can't I watch it on iplayer? I have a licence and I don't see how this is fair?  Frankly it makes me want a refund!

5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Melanie

I am truly sorry to read about your predicament and wish there was some way you could get what you hoped for.

However, the reason why not all programs and films are not available online because that would require special permission from the content providers and licence/copyright holders. Remember, everything you see or hear, whether on TV, radio, catch-up TV or the Internet has to have permission from the content owners, and permission costs extra money.

Although the above cannot make up for your lost family-time I hope it explains why things are the way they are.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apologies for digging up an old thread but you know what some sites are like.

Anyway, I'm on the first day of my 7-day free trial with the Entertainment and Movie Passes with Boost.

I still have Sky and due to the rising costs and what Now TV have to offer for a lot less and already owning a compatible YouView box, I thought it would be worth a look. I record a lot of shows and films on SyFy as I prefer to watch them when I have the time.

Unfortunately there are some that aren't available on catch-up on either platform, and as I can't record them on Now TV, if I ditched Sky I would be forced to watch them when they're on.

The Simpsons is on every day on Sky One, but it doesn't show up in the search results on Now TV. Really?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Rather than resurrect an old and decidedly unseasonal thread, ‘New Post’ is your friend.

To continue being able to record NowTV, you might like to move your internet to BT and subscribe to their BT TV service, paying for NowTV through them instead of direct to NowTV.

BT will then supply you with a YouView box, for as long as you maintain your BT TV subscription, and the NowTV channels will be available to you, and recordable on the YouView box, just as they are now on the Sky box.

You will have to do a quick calculation of costs on BT TV versus Sky, but I imagine that BT will have arranged things so that they come out ahead.

There is also a telephone number with the BT TV service that you can call with any problems with NowTV, something much desired by many of the denizens of this Community, but not available unless you get your NowTV via BT TV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also remember that iPlayer is nothing to do with nowtv its bbc who run that so now tv have no control on what is and what isn't available
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Also remember that iPlayer is nothing to do with nowtv its bbc who run that so now tv have no control on what is and what isn't available

Indeed.... And it's the same with ITV Hub, All4 and Demand5/My5