cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Champion 3

Re: White nowtv box to nowtv stick

To all White Box Users

You will find a whole range of Scart to HDMI connectors and cables on this Amazon page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=scart+to+hdmi+cable&crid=5CC2O44TDVHV&sprefix=scart%2Caps%2C194&ref=nb_...

UK Bob

PS: @Thewhitelady  I think you meant Scart when you wrote start.

0 Thanks
Highlighted

It was quite obviously an autocorrect. Why does everyone online have to be
so damn picky and rude.
Highlighted
Champion 3

@Thewhitelady 

THW

First, I meant no rudeness to you when I pointed out that small spelling mistake, my main thought was that a lot of white box owners are users with very little technical knowledge and so may have been confused.

Besides I have made silly spelling mistakes myself and so not one to start throwing stones.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

UPDATE: So, received my new Now TV Smart Stick, bought myself an HDMI to RCA converter from Amazon (£16), connected everything up, registered new device on my account ... and was watching tv as usual last night! 

The Homepage / menus look a little different, but I'll soon get used to that. 

... my only (slight) concern is that both the Smart Stick and the Converter got quite hot (apparently this is normal (?), as they both need to be connected to the mains while in use), but so long as they don't over-heat, everything seems good! 

So, to anyone out there with an old white box, and a tv that doesn't have HDMI, don't worry, it is possible to get the replacement stick to work with your existing equipment. 

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AndyH2 Glad it works, and thanks for letting everyone know you found a solution that works.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AndyH2

If the HDMI to RCA converter box remains stable after a couple of weeks use, then maybe post a link on here on the device that you purchased from Amazon.

Where it my help others in the same boat that haven't updated their television with a HDMI port on it. 

The Stick does run pretty warm, if you are concerned with the heat then when not in use disconnect the power to the Stick and HDMI converter box. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Hi @schnapps ,

It's only been 2 days, but all's well so far, I'll up-date again in a couple of weeks (any reason why the HDMI to RCA converter box might not "remain stable", it's not something I'm familiar with?).

It is recommended that the units be unplugged at night, so that's what I've been doing, but I do that with the plasma screen anyway, so it's no problem. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

@AndyH2 do you have a link to the amazon product you are using? thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083992C3X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

It's working well, I switch it off at night as it gets a bit hot, as does the NowTV stick. NB: When first switching them both back on, I sometimes get a "Now TV not available, please try later" page, which can keep reloading ... however, I've found that pressing the Home button, and/or the Back Arrow, resets the stick and my homepage loads fine. Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AndyH2 

Quick question do you need to provide an additional USB charger adapter (assume the HDMI to RCA isn't supplied with a USB mains charger plug ?).

Or does the USB Charger plug that comes supplied with the NowTV Stick powers both the HDMI to RCA converter and Stick ?

Thanks for the link and update 👍.

0 Thanks