cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: White nowtv box to nowtv stick

@Sammyamyanther 

Yes, I have scart, I'll have to look into various options. Thanks. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@Mark_Weinreb 

My white box is currently connected to the (separate) tuner for my plasma screen, via VGA, so hopefully an HDMI to VGA adaptor should solve the problem. Thanks.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AndyH2 Don’t forget that as both the hdmi to vga adapter and the Now TV stick have male hdmi connectors, you’ll also need an F-to-F hdmi connector.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@Mark_Weinreb 

Yes, that had occurred to me, too. I think I should be able to get a female HDMI to male VGA, but if not then yes, a F-toF adaptor. Thanks again.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I am not an expert but when you sort out which adapter to get, take into account that scart is for analogue signal and hdmi is digital. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AndyH2 

Also don't forget that a HDMI to VGA converter needs to have some sort of Audio out to your television, plus the converter box needs to be HDCP 1.4 compatible.

Personally if it was me and money is tight i would look at places like Gumtree, Shpock, FreeAds where there are some cracking second hand deals around for high end 1080p TV's where people are virtually given them away cheaply because they want the latest and greatest 4K HDR TV's.

I have two old Panasonic Plasmas (one 720p and the other 1080p) and they both show a better picture on SD & HD content compared to my two mid range 4K Televisions in the house.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

So I tried unsuccessfully to enquire about this through chat but was cut off 🤷‍♀️ Anyway I’m not sure it’s anyone’s business how many Apple TV boxes I use if I’m within the device limit (Which I was asked!). And I don’t think it’s really fair that I haven’t been offered a free replacement for the white box just because I have other devices linked. The box is in use and I will be forced to buy a new one to replace it 😡 this is becoming a bit of a Sonos type disaster for Nowtv I think - very poor treatment of long time customers and seriously considering my subscription now. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I own THREE white NOWTV boxes in different rooms but only offered ONE replacement. Why should I have to pay an extra £50 to replace my other two boxes which are already bought and paid for?

This is shocking customer service dressed up as though NOWTV are doing me a favour!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Frankly, I think this action by NowTV/Sky may well be illegal. When you purchased your white boxes it was with the reasonable expectation that they would go on working indefinitely - not just turned off on the whim of the supplier. I have 4 white boxes, a black box and a Roku box, how long before the other boxes are "turned off"? I shall be taking legal advice from "Which - Legal" 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

@schnapps 

Many thanks for your response. 

My plasma is also an old Panasonic (1080p, I think), great picture, so I'd rather not replace it, if possible. 

Currently, I have AV-out (from white box) connected to AV-in, on the front of the tuner, the Video Camera input / red, yellow, white (RCA?) ... picture & sound works fine. 

I'll have to research "HDCP 1.4 compatible", before I buy an adaptor. 

(also, my plasma is very old, pre-HD, is that going to be a problem with the NowTV stick?) 

0 Thanks