cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

White nowtv box to nowtv stick

Hi,

ive just received an email informing me that the white boxes are becoming extinct and replaced by the new nowtv stick.

Although youve kindly offered me a free replacement im still slightly uhappy as currently i have 3 white boxes where at least two of them my children use everynight to watch kids boxsets (2 boys in one room, one girl in another) at the same time. I just dont see why i should have to fork out nearly £50 for two more nowtv sticks. I have been a customer for few years. 

i look forward to a response. 

55 Replies
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: White nowtv box to nowtv stick

Free? I got an email today and they want me to pay £10 for a stick ! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted

Maybe im getting one free because i have so many white boxes or because of how long ive been with them. Dont know. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I just email but didn't get offered stick for free or even for £10.

I tried live chat but got timed out as it took them to long to respond. All they did say was that as I have 3 other devices, I could still watch shows.

How long before black box is turned off????

0 Thanks
Highlighted

I’ve also had an email about my white box is going to be cancelled, when I’ve tried to find out what will replace it I’m getting no where, can anyone help me please 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

I've also just been offered a free stick, to replace my white box. 

Unfortunately, none of my equipment has an HDMI port to plug it in to! 

Any suggestions? (other than buying a new television!) 

Thanks.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

I have received the email today also (free unit) but it wont let me process, keeps saying payment pin is incorrect??

I also have 2 white boxes and can't contact them by 'chat' facility or email.  

0 Thanks
Highlighted

You can buy scart to hdmi, im assuming youve got a scart port? 😃

0 Thanks
Highlighted

i tried live chat before here to see what they say but link didnt work then got transferred to bot and none of his options applied, im hoping someone gets in touch on here 🤞. Im not sure when the change is happening it doesnt state on email

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sammyamyanther @Puss @AndyH2 @Dolly74 @Grumpyoldman1 

The offical line on white box replacement sticks is this: If a user’s primary device is a white box, they’ll be offered a stick via email. If, however, their primary device isn’t a white box, then they’ll be informed about the stick, and probably (Almost certainly) offered one at a reduced price.

However, if you don’t have any hdmi ports on your tv, then I don’t know what can be done. Maybe you can find a cheap hdmi to composite adapter. Certainly hdmi to vga adapters exist.