cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White nowtv box to nowtv stick

Hi,

ive just received an email informing me that the white boxes are becoming extinct and replaced by the new nowtv stick.

Although youve kindly offered me a free replacement im still slightly uhappy as currently i have 3 white boxes where at least two of them my children use everynight to watch kids boxsets (2 boys in one room, one girl in another) at the same time. I just dont see why i should have to fork out nearly £50 for two more nowtv sticks. I have been a customer for few years. 

i look forward to a response. 

56 REPLIES 56
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Glad it works, and thanks for letting everyone know you found a solution that works.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If the HDMI to RCA converter box remains stable after a couple of weeks use, then maybe post a link on here on the device that you purchased from Amazon.

Where it my help others in the same boat that haven't updated their television with a HDMI port on it. 

The Stick does run pretty warm, if you are concerned with the heat then when not in use disconnect the power to the Stick and HDMI converter box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps ,

It's only been 2 days, but all's well so far, I'll up-date again in a couple of weeks (any reason why the HDMI to RCA converter box might not "remain stable", it's not something I'm familiar with?).

It is recommended that the units be unplugged at night, so that's what I've been doing, but I do that with the plasma screen anyway, so it's no problem. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User do you have a link to the amazon product you are using? thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083992C3X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

It's working well, I switch it off at night as it gets a bit hot, as does the NowTV stick. NB: When first switching them both back on, I sometimes get a "Now TV not available, please try later" page, which can keep reloading ... however, I've found that pressing the Home button, and/or the Back Arrow, resets the stick and my homepage loads fine. Hope that helps.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Quick question do you need to provide an additional USB charger adapter (assume the HDMI to RCA isn't supplied with a USB mains charger plug ?).

Or does the USB Charger plug that comes supplied with the NowTV Stick powers both the HDMI to RCA converter and Stick ?

Thanks for the link and update 👍.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You'll need to supply/use a separate plug for the USB from the adaptor, as it doesn't come with one, nor can the stick power both devices.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You'll need to supply/use a separate plug for the USB from the adaptor, as it doesn't come with one, nor can the stick power both devices. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thought that was the case thanks for clarifying it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I tried unsuccessfully to enquire about this through chat but was cut off 🤷‍♀️ Anyway I’m not sure it’s anyone’s business how many Apple TV boxes I use if I’m within the device limit (Which I was asked!). And I don’t think it’s really fair that I haven’t been offered a free replacement for the white box just because I have other devices linked. The box is in use and I will be forced to buy a new one to replace it 😡 this is becoming a bit of a Sonos type disaster for Nowtv I think - very poor treatment of long time customers and seriously considering my subscription now.