cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White nowtv box to nowtv stick

Hi,

ive just received an email informing me that the white boxes are becoming extinct and replaced by the new nowtv stick.

Although youve kindly offered me a free replacement im still slightly uhappy as currently i have 3 white boxes where at least two of them my children use everynight to watch kids boxsets (2 boys in one room, one girl in another) at the same time. I just dont see why i should have to fork out nearly £50 for two more nowtv sticks. I have been a customer for few years. 

i look forward to a response. 

56 REPLIES 56
Chrissygo
Advocate

Free? I got an email today and they want me to pay £10 for a stick ! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe im getting one free because i have so many white boxes or because of how long ive been with them. Dont know. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just email but didn't get offered stick for free or even for £10.

I tried live chat but got timed out as it took them to long to respond. All they did say was that as I have 3 other devices, I could still watch shows.

How long before black box is turned off????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve also had an email about my white box is going to be cancelled, when I’ve tried to find out what will replace it I’m getting no where, can anyone help me please 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i tried live chat before here to see what they say but link didnt work then got transferred to bot and none of his options applied, im hoping someone gets in touch on here 🤞. Im not sure when the change is happening it doesnt state on email

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I managed to get through to ‘chat’ via the complaint section.

the white boxes will cease on 6th October 2020.

Apparently the stick offered is NOT a replacement’ but goodwill.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this was to be expected soon as it was announced that it wouldn't be supporting NowTV Boost which is part of the focus for NowTV now. I am glad to see they have given people at least a month worth of notice so they can get a new device and are offering people a stick as goodwill. 

NowTV have certainly been focusing on getting rid of the old platforms which I see as a good sign they have stretched themselves too thin. EE TV I expect will be the next one to go. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User EE have already announced that EETV will be switched off next March, and will be replaced by Apple TV boxes. Of course, Apple TV boxes don’t record.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb 

Fair enough then I think that will be the last of the legacy devices that run NowTV left.