cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
V2k
Advocate

Where’s the offers

Think you need to look into offers for new year not much has been put out cause of virus yet nowtv are charging the full price for two passed entertainment and cinema 

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@V2k 

As of recently Now TV has chosen to go for personalised offers. So you might get offers in email. The main way to find your offers is by going to "passes" within your account  https://account.nowtv.com/passes and click the  "offers" banner at the top, 

https://account.nowtv.com/passes/my-offers

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

I had the 12 month offer for Entertainment+movies, cancelled it at the end of November just before the offer finished, with the last day being the 29th of November

I was going to sign up for another 12 month deal, but nothings been offered, likewise the "my offers" section shows nothing available, just a blank space under the heading "Offers for you"

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chilli2 

Hate to say that Now TV had ditched the annual passes most likely because of COVID causing havok with the sports passes. 

The "offers" under your account in "my passes" section is going to be personalised and will come and go. Won't be offered to everyone either. 

If you can't find any offers in that section  nor receive any "offers" when cancelling your passes I would suggest letting it cancel completely. Then checking out the offers section after. 

chilli2
Elite

All passes have now completely cancelled, the last day for watching was November 29th

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chilli2 

Best to keep an eye out for emails and randomly check the "offers" section in your passes. 

It is not ideal, but companies like Netlfix do not present offers. Same with + subscriptions like All4 and ITV these do not give any offers when you cancel. 

Another reason to blame COVID for the mass cancelations of sporting events which messed up annual passes for Sports customers. 

Which is why I think Now TV took the executive decision to not allow annual passes anymore. 

chilli2
Elite

While Netflix doesn't offer deals, compared to Now TV for Entertainment and movies combined ( at full price) Netflix is competitive

Netflix £8.99 a month for movies and entertainment up to 1080p

Now Tv £21.98 a month for movies and entertainment up to 720p ( combined ent+movies pass price)

Amazon prime £6.58 a month for movies and entertainment - equivalent with 12 months amazon prime at £79, plus other benefits such as free shipping etc etc

newer services with less content:

Disney plus £5.99/month movies and entertainment, although with less choice

apple TV plus £5.99/month movies and entertainment, although with less choice

Even with a 50% reduction now TVs price is on the more expensive side at £10.99/month , the former £99 for 12 months Ent+movies put now in the same price range as Netflix at a more competitive and reasonable  £8.25/month equivalent

12 month costs with no offers etc

Netflix   £107.88

Now TV £263.76

Amazon £79 ( with 12 months prime membership)

Disney+ £59 ( you can buy 12 month sub)

Apple +  £71.88

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@chilli2 

What you absoutley need to bare in mind is that Now TV is effectively Sky Lite. 

Sky even charge £5 a month for HD on top of its "entertainment" package. Yes Cinema and Sports have removed the HD charge. 

Not taking anything away with what you have researched, because you are completely right compared to other Streamers Now TV isn't the best for price. Although Now TV does have Sky Atlantic, which is the only channel I use Now TV for and even then its for a handful of shows. 

Disney+ will be launching Disney+Star next spring (my assumption) around the 1st year anniversary of Disney+. With Disney+Star this will contain all the "adult" content Disney owns. Plus shows like Greys Anatomy, Lost, Bones, 9-1-1 etc. 

So that will be a bundled price, probably like a tier or similar to Now TV. 

What I prefer with Amazon over Now TV is that they introduced Profiles. But yes yearly Prime is great value for money. 

Personally I would rather Now TV ditch "boost", have 5.1 and 1080p as default in its passes. With "boost" they could use it for 4K/HDR content and the extra stream. 

One thing I noticed with Peacock TV which is owned by Comcast, who of course owns Sky and Now TV. The Streamer Peacock TV does not have a "limit" on number of devices registered. It is 1080p by default, and its "plans" are free with limited content with ads, "premium" all content with ads at $4.99 and "plus" to remove ads at an extra $5. 

All prices very comptetive and includes, Live channels, films, tv shows, sports and kids. 

Really is something that Now TV should be gearing towards as a all in 1 package but base it on ads. 

Other US services have something similar with the ads and no ads plan. Such as Hulu, CBS All Access.