cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's with the adverts?!

Why have you added adverts at the start of programs?

The main reason i subscribe to Now TV and Netflix is to avoid having adverts and spam crammed down my throat every time i switch on the TV.
And to avoid a 20minute program lasting 45minutes due to ads.

If this is here to stay then i think i will have to cancel my subscription and stick to just Netflix.
60 REPLIES 60
redchiz1
Champion 2

Other services are going the same way, with lower subscription prices with ads and higher without. Even the once, but no longer almighty Netflix are considering the same. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Disney+ have stated they are going the advert route at a reduced membership cost. 

Discovery+ have already joined that band wagon. 

As mentioned by @redchiz1 Netflix are going to be bringing it in over the next year or so. 

We don't like it, but its the quickest way for the big companies to gain guaranteed income via advertising. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought April fools day was just for one day 😞

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Adverts are here to stay. 

Disney+ will bring them next year. Discovery+ already has them

Netflix bringing them in the next year or so.

Just go to “cancel” and you’ll get a discount, I’m paying £5.99 for entertainment and £2 for Boost until August. Means no adverts for me unless I watch Live TV.

Anonymous8
Observer

same here, absolute disgrace and money grab. Will have to cancel my membership if this continues, absolutely no need since this membership price is already far too high in comparison to competitors!

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous8 

Full prices on all services can be eye-watering. But if you are unhappy with NOW you can cancel at any time. And quite often they will give you better offers to tempt you to stay. Including for Boost which allows On Demand content to be screened free of ads, amongst other benefits. I am currently paying £1 a month for Cinema, £1 for Entertainment, with a further £2 a month for Boost. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous8 

Most streamers are doing it and soon to be doing it. 

Disney+ launching an ad tier at the end of the year.

Netflix has launched theirs already.

Discovery+ has ads and no amount of money can stop them 😡

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous8 

You can’t stop or skip the ads on live channels.

You can’t stop or skip the promos for other Now programmes that come up at the start when you start watching On Demand,

You can stop the adverts that come up during On Demand programmes by buying Boost, £6 a month initially, but start the Cancel process and see if you get a retention offer.

If you think Now is expensive, look at the prices on about any other streaming channel for a Season you might be in danger of missing on Now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Ambinog
Occasional Poster

It’s an absolute JOKE what are we actually paying for the greedy dirty rats 1hr15 to finish a 45 minute episode because of adds? No I’d rather watch freeview

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ambinog 

Most streamers are doing it and soon to be doing it. 

Disney+ launching an ad tier at the end of the year.

Netflix has launched theirs already.

Amazon is launching theirs next year.

Discovery+ has ads and no amount of money can stop them 😡