cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's with the adverts?!

Why have you added adverts at the start of programs?

The main reason i subscribe to Now TV and Netflix is to avoid having adverts and spam crammed down my throat every time i switch on the TV.
And to avoid a 20minute program lasting 45minutes due to ads.

If this is here to stay then i think i will have to cancel my subscription and stick to just Netflix.
60 REPLIES 60
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On a similar subject, having had no success with the online chat, which is quite frankly horrendous and irritating, I have recently been given a free Entertainment week, but then automatically signed up for Boost at £5, without any consent from Now (SKY). To say I want a refund and an apology is an understatement.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At the moment the only ads I'm seeing on Amazon are trailers for more content, with, as you say, the option to skip said content.

I hope they're not going down the same route.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why mess about having to cancel, get an offer, be free of ads for a bit, have them come back, get  in to another argument and get a concession - why not just offer a good value service and build steadily and honestly - not rely on people not caring they are being made fools of.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

These ads are very annoying and unacceptable! If they don’t stop I’ll be cancelling my subscription! I do not pay to watch advertisements! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s simple, if you don’t want adverts then you pay for boost.

Whilst I don’t agree with adverts, it’s what most of the services do in the US. Pay for a service and get adverts, pay premium and get no adverts.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

If it’s just promos for NOW content at the start then there is nothing that can be done.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree. I pay for a premium service, mostly to avoid adverts. I am sick to death of constantly being bombarded with advertsibg. If I'm paying for a service, I don't expect to have to watch them. You don't get ads on Netflix or Disney+, so why do they have them on NOW? Seriously considering cancelling my membership becuse of this.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Discovery+ is adding advertising for a reduced subscription fee.

https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/discovery-plus-lowering-prices-adding-adverts/

Disney has confirmed they will be adding adverts next year.

https://press.disney.co.uk/news/disney+-to-introduce-an-ad-supported-subscription-offering-in-late-2022

All NOW done is beat them to it in the UK.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's the thin end of the wedge. How long before they start interrupting the programme with ads as well? I might have expected that this change would come from America. Maybe we in the UK, who have been used to the BBC for so long, have a different take on it, not that the BBC is safe anymore.

It will make me think twice about renewing my subscription for NOW though, same for Disney. You can't do anything these days without some company screaming in your face, "BUY MY PRODUCT" and I'm heartily sick of it. I've actually stopped visiting certain sites because of it and hardly use youtube anymore.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ads for gambling at start and at intervals at the highest price I pay for any streaming service?

You are a joke! Cancelling NOW!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've already cancelled my subscription for NOW. If other premium services go the same way, I will do the same.