cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's with the adverts?!

Why have you added adverts at the start of programs?

The main reason i subscribe to Now TV and Netflix is to avoid having adverts and spam crammed down my throat every time i switch on the TV.
And to avoid a 20minute program lasting 45minutes due to ads.

If this is here to stay then i think i will have to cancel my subscription and stick to just Netflix.
60 REPLIES 60
Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, reel your neck in.

So I hadn't realised NowTV had dropped the kids package......but it was a thing. My point is still valid.

Want TV shows, £9.99

Want movies, £9.99

Sports is laughable. from £9.99

Want to watch in HD, guess what, that'll cost you an extra £5.00. 

Their app is clunky, their control over what devices you can actually watch NowTV on is bemusing as they don't put the effort in to allow the app on every device (unlike Netflix, Disney+, Amazon, Youtube, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, UKTV, etc etc). Basically NowTV extract as much cash as possible but put as little effort in as possible. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

All those prices stated are full price. 

Throughout my 7 years as a customer with NOW, I can count on one hand the number of times I have paid full price for ANY membership.

Right now until January I have

Boost £1 

Cinema £3.99

Entertainment £3.99

All from going to "cancel" as its the best way to get any form of discounts with NOW

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User said:-

OK, reel your neck in.

Charming!

Thing is, though, you are comparing the cost of the services in general.

But pick a specific thing you want to watch, 12 episodes say, available on Now included in the subscription, or from Prime Video at £1.99 an episode. Makes Now look like an absolute bargain.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Bobk
Scholar 2

Been subscribing pretty much since it first started but the addition of ads are a step too far so I've voted with my feet and have cancelled despite being on an offer. There's no way they're getting more money for Boost!

My cash will now go to Discovery plus, all though I'm alright for the next year as I got 12 months for £30.

Discovery, like  other paid-for UK streaming services (excluding Now), don't have ads!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At £9.99 per month NOW TV is much poorer value than other services such as Netflix, 4+ or iplayer which have better content

The ads that have now appeared after a year or so of my occasionally using the service are torture to be subjected to - I cannot watch programmes with these repeating the same ad like chinese water torture.

Holding members ransom and demanding an additional £5 per month to stop such torture is insane practice.

Either the Ads stop or my membership stops - content is not worth £15 per month, it is deeply offensive to treat customers like this

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It’s not going to happen. This is the business model that Comcast are wanting to use for its U.K. services.

£9 a month is what I’m paying for boost, cinema and entertainment. Which is competitively priced against Disney and Netflix.

Considering both services don’t have live TV £9 a month I can’t really complain too much over. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it is clear that this is their plan.

I just think before I leave I should let them know how I feel.

If they don't care .... that is their decision on how to treat their customers and run their business.

This thread is years old ... but that does not mean that the subject is dead or finished

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Understandable for wanting to leave the company know your feelings. However this is a customer to customer forum, so the only people that will see your dissatisfaction of the service is other customers.

You are best to send an email to customer support, using the address in the below picture.

44AAE3FA-5F6E-474C-B8BA-90B2533605B8.jpeg

Although you won’t get the reply you want.

If you are happy with the content, but not the price they might be able to provide some discounts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you’re using NOW tv on a Xbox (like I do) or PlayStation - here an example of what I do:

Say, I want to watch Law & Order: SVU and lookie here an advert - oh sorry, a promotional trailer - I simply go back to the main menu and press on the episode I want to watch.

Rinse and repeat until NOW ‘gets it’ and allows me to watch what I want. Same thing I do with YouTube.

If you want to watch the next episode and NOW pulls this stuff again, then repeat and rinse but this happens rarely.

Simply refuse to watch ads and go back & forth until you get to watch what you want.

My way of fighting back against dumb ads. Some might call me a troublemaker but meh, I don’t care.

Paying for Boost and still getting ‘promotional trailers’?! I wish I could say I’m shocked but it’s Sky after all. Right?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Promotional trailers is nothing new. 

Amazon Prime does it.

Paramount+ does it (which we will get when it launches next year). 

The massive difference between Prime and NOW/Paramount+ is that you can skip the promotional trailers.

If NOW introduced the skip button maybe for those paying for boost then it wouldn’t be too bad.