cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's with the adverts?!

Why have you added adverts at the start of programs?

The main reason i subscribe to Now TV and Netflix is to avoid having adverts and spam crammed down my throat every time i switch on the TV.
And to avoid a 20minute program lasting 45minutes due to ads.

If this is here to stay then i think i will have to cancel my subscription and stick to just Netflix.
60 REPLIES 60
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have one box set to finish, then I'm out. I will not renew the subscription. I'm not paying a subscription and suffering advertisements.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Check the post directly above from yours for an explanation on “adverts”.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled. They cost more than any other and then put adverts on . Luckily I am a Bt internet user and they have given me free Brit box. No adverts on itv channel 4 or 5 . 

it’s brilliant . Forget now tv . 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes why? I don't expect to have adverts unless I'm watching the live programs. Very annoying

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have mentioned this up thread on the second page.

Just the way Comcast want to do things with Sky, nothing we can do unfortunately.

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

Something we can always do is to employ bi-pedal preference indication….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Advertisements, deteriorating content, and increasing prices.  No thank you.

I just cancelled my subscription.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

In the coming months Peacock will be added to NOW which contains a ton of NBC programming. 
Will be part of the entertainment membership at no extra cost. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's just standard Sky, driven by pure greed. That's why they have the packages which their cover story is that it allows you to choose what you want to watch. In truth, separate packages enable Sky to extract as much money as possible from you, especially if you want sports. Entertainment package, that'll be £9.99, have kids, give us more cash.....want sports just give us the entire contents of your bank account!!!!

They offer the minimum content they can for the most expensive subscription of any service I use. And now they are getting even more greedy and forcing adverts onto us despite us actually paying for the service. Are they reducing the subscription, hell no.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Please get it right…..

Entertainment package, that'll be £9.99, have kids, give us more [exactly the same amount of ] cash

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.