cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's with the adverts?!

Why have you added adverts at the start of programs?

The main reason i subscribe to Now TV and Netflix is to avoid having adverts and spam crammed down my throat every time i switch on the TV.
And to avoid a 20minute program lasting 45minutes due to ads.

If this is here to stay then i think i will have to cancel my subscription and stick to just Netflix.
60 REPLIES 60
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What programme on what channel, and what dog food?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@RoyB @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hey Guys

You know, I've not seen any of these adverts that's been mentioned in this thread, so to add to Roy's queries:

Approximately what time are these adverts shown?

Mind you, my primary Now TV viewing is "Catch Up", i.e. Boxsets or non-first showing of  programmes. 

Still, I'd be interested to know the difference in viewing habits between myself and advert watchers.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB , @ukbobboy 

The dog food (and cat food) adverts were this morning and early afternoon. I hadn't seen them before and seem to now have stopped. The ads for other Now TV programmes and boxsets are still being shown, but at least back to normal.

The ads for other programmes aren't at the start of every episode, but perhaps 1 in 4 or 5. I tend to watch on demand for catch up of recent shows. As far as I recall I've seen the ads for other Now TV shows at the start for every channel I've watched, including Sky Atlantic, Sky One, Fox, SyFy, Comedy Central. I've seen the ads at all times of the day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried several times to let NOWTV know how awful this is. Their complaints system is impenetrable too. It equates to one of the levels of Hell in my experience. Must do better

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree. I’m going to unsubscribe too. PAYING FOR ADVERTS? Unbelievable...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

completely agree. You don't pay for a premium service to be advertised to - surely that's the point of paying!?! If they're pushing advertising they wont need a subscription fee from us then? If this doesn't change I'm out of here! I'm absolutely disgusted.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 
It won’t change. Comcast is pushing their business model onto the Sky markets it owns. 

This is exactly how the US service Peacock (Comcast) is operated.

You don’t want adverts then get boost. 

When you cancel you always get offers, I’m paying £9 for boost, cinema and entertainment each month for the next 5 months.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

It won’t change. Comcast is pushing their business model onto the Sky markets it owns. 

Might change if they end up losing half their members.

Now: One stream + ads + £20/month = significant loss of subscribers.

Prime/Disney +: 4/5 streams - ads + £8/month = subscriber gain from Now Tv (especially if you watch Walking Dead)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just cancelled.

Admittedly when I went to cancel on Saturday, I was offered a deal for half price starting in late August so I took it. Since Saturday and for the previous couple of months, I have been watching programs without adverts showing at the start until suddenly this afternoon, unskippable adverts have started showing up at the start of the program I was trying to watch.

If adverts are part of the half price deal then it should be indicated as such and they CERTAINLY shouldn't start until the new half price deal period kicks in.

Also, at least with All4 service, you get an indicator of how long the adverts will last. With Now TV there is no indication.

Madness!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your saying adverts. 

Is this promos for NOW content or third party advert for Pizza Hut etc?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

If it’s the former, then you will need to get Boost to watch third party advert free.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help