cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dave1909

What's with the adverts?!

Why have you added adverts at the start of programs?

The main reason i subscribe to Now TV and Netflix is to avoid having adverts and spam crammed down my throat every time i switch on the TV.
And to avoid a 20minute program lasting 45minutes due to ads.

If this is here to stay then i think i will have to cancel my subscription and stick to just Netflix.
10 Replies
Denzil
Scholar

Re: What's with the adverts?!

Totally agree, the unskippable promos with very loud audio at the beginning of programmes is very annoying, it's not YouTube.

Now TV please stop the annoying unskippable promos!

David_The
Mentor

I just cancelled my membership, i pay for on demand, not adverts.
GazzyD
Advocate

Just cancelled myself, stupid pre rolls.  Also, your film content isn't great

@David_The wrote:
I just cancelled my membership, i pay for on demand, not adverts.

Jpknz
Mentor

Get yourself one of these https://stopads.co.uk. Stop's catch-up TV ads and ads in general on the web.

steve891

Absoltely shocking, you pay for an on demand service you shouldn't be served ads as well. Can you imagine Netflix ever doing this? No because they value their customer experience. Sky do not. It's all about money, not the user. 

Unsubscribing purely due to the ads.

Carol02
Observer

I am really annoyed with this. I accept ads are necessary when you are not paying a subscription but they are now just taking the micky. It was only 2 or 3 months ago their prices went up. Now they are making more money out of us by showing us ads. I will be following the others and cancelling my subscription. I do not like companies who abuse their customers trust just to keep their shareholders happy.

BernardT
Advocate

The unskippable ads for other programs were annoying but I was putting up with them. But as of today I've been getting ads for dog food! Even if I had a dog the ad would be wasted on me as the product is not even available in the UK!

I can only hope this is a mistake and will be fixed very soon.

Highlighted
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@BernardT 

What programme on what channel, and what dog food?

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
ukbobboy
Champion 2

@RoyB @BernardT  @Carol02 

Hey Guys

You know, I've not seen any of these adverts that's been mentioned in this thread, so to add to Roy's queries:

Approximately what time are these adverts shown?

Mind you, my primary Now TV viewing is "Catch Up", i.e. Boxsets or non-first showing of  programmes. 

Still, I'd be interested to know the difference in viewing habits between myself and advert watchers.

UK Bob

0 Thanks