cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What's with the adverts?!

Why have you added adverts at the start of programs?

The main reason i subscribe to Now TV and Netflix is to avoid having adverts and spam crammed down my throat every time i switch on the TV.
And to avoid a 20minute program lasting 45minutes due to ads.

If this is here to stay then i think i will have to cancel my subscription and stick to just Netflix.
60 REPLIES 60
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Totally agree, the unskippable promos with very loud audio at the beginning of programmes is very annoying, it's not YouTube.

Now TV please stop the annoying unskippable promos!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just cancelled my membership, i pay for on demand, not adverts.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just cancelled myself, stupid pre rolls.  Also, your film content isn't great

@Anonymous User wrote:
I just cancelled my membership, i pay for on demand, not adverts.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Get yourself one of these https://stopads.co.uk. Stop's catch-up TV ads and ads in general on the web.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absoltely shocking, you pay for an on demand service you shouldn't be served ads as well. Can you imagine Netflix ever doing this? No because they value their customer experience. Sky do not. It's all about money, not the user. 

Unsubscribing purely due to the ads.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am really annoyed with this. I accept ads are necessary when you are not paying a subscription but they are now just taking the micky. It was only 2 or 3 months ago their prices went up. Now they are making more money out of us by showing us ads. I will be following the others and cancelling my subscription. I do not like companies who abuse their customers trust just to keep their shareholders happy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes ridiculous, it’s already over priced for what it offers compared with all the other streaming services we have and adverts now… a step too far. Trying to squeeze more money out with boost. A cynical, greedy trick. A mistake, they will lose lots of subscribers as people realise. We’re off. 

Amiga1200
Scholar 2

They've already lost me as a customer directly because of this. Night after night they have been broadcasting not my chosen viewing but content I did not choose to watch and I will not accept this on a paid streaming service. Especially as I was paying for Boost.

At the beginning of last week I was happy with movies, entertainment and boost. Now I have cancelled the lot.

So to be clear... I was happily a NowTv customer at the start of last week. I'd had movies for the better part of a year, was paying £3 for boost since the start of the year when my 3 month £1 offer expired I'd had entertainment since December.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The unskippable ads for other programs were annoying but I was putting up with them. But as of today I've been getting ads for dog food! Even if I had a dog the ad would be wasted on me as the product is not even available in the UK!

I can only hope this is a mistake and will be fixed very soon.