cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom77
Elite 2

Re: Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Andy @Lindzi 

Watched last nights Talking Dead and the 30 second sneak-peek of next weeks "Here's Negan" episode was already a million times better than the last five weeks offering.  They're also saying that next weeks finale is an extended episode....hopefully not too long or I won't be able to squeeze that catch-up viewing in on Monday night????  The sneak-peek showed current day Negan finding Lucille and this then sending him back 12 years, to no doubt show us his path to becoming a bad man??

Here's an idea, why not wipe the last five weeks from existence and give us a four hour epic Snyder Cut style solely on Negan's back story????

I'm still looking forward to Carol & Daryl, surely a full blown series has got to be better especially once Covid filming conditions are relaxed?????  A lot will depend on where it might end up being shown in the UK, no doubt somewhere I won't be able to see....better pre-order the DVD now?????

PS.. I've watched the first three available episodes of that Invincible thing on Prime Video....again, animation not my usual thing, but I am quite liking this, so maybe you should try the first episode yourselves to see what you think.

Thom77
Elite 2

@Andy @Lindzi 

Well folks, that's special episode 6 of 6 watched and done and I quite enjoyed that one.....I'm sure it could have been even better Covid filming restrictions aside, but I thought the Negan episode was really good.  Not quite good enough to wipe out the memory of the last five weeks, but a good way to finish for now until season 11 starts in August.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @Lindzi 

Didn’t get chance to watch the episode last night but fear not, I’m not boycotting this one, and hopefully I’ll get some enjoyment out of it! Is August definite for S11 then? I wasn’t expecting it that soon, it’s not too long to wait! 👍

Thom77
Elite 2

@Andy @Lindzi 

Some enjoyment is better than nothing!!!!!!  Last nights episode didn't seem to be an extended one as Talking Dead had said, it was only about two or three minutes longer than one from a few weeks ago??????

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2021/04/05/the-walking-dead-11th-final-season-part-1-to-premiere-in-augus...

Yep, back on 22nd August in US, so we can no doubt safely assume 23rd August in UK????  Seems like they are splitting final season of 24 episodes in to three distinct parts....August this year, early 2022, then later in 2022 for final part......AND of course, 2023 for the Carol & Daryl spin-off.

Lindzi
Elite

@Thom77   @Andy 

I liked it, good call to have his wife play his wife....at least it felt like a more normal tv programme without all the social distancing stuff. 

They should've done that for all of these bonus episodes. Did we ever find out what Daryl's job was pre apocalypse?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Thom77 

Caught it last night and yes, by far the best of these lockdown episodes. Again felt a bit like it was a story not needing to be told (I think villains are better when we don’t know much about their backstory, a kind of boogeyman) but still, it was an interesting backstory and well done. And at least we are left in an interesting place as well about the future of Negan and what sort of Negan we will get. 

Glad it’s not too long before we are back for the next season, let’s just keep fingers tightly crossed it will be worth watching when it does! 🤞🤞👍

0 Thanks