Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thom77
Elite 2

Re: Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi wrote:

@Andy 

However I was a bit meh about the 'beef' brewing between Maggie and Negan. But I couldn’t help thinking that was years ago now, we’ve all moved on, old news, if you didn’t like it you should have dealt with it about 3 seasons ago!!

Mind you if someone bashed my husbands head in with a baseball bat...in front of me...whilst I am pregnant....that beef would last until he was no longer on the plant 

@Lindzi @Andy 

Yep, that wasn't the sort of event that time would heal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thom77
Elite 2

@Andy wrote:

Oh yes definitely helicopters, A and B graffiti and stormtroopers for the rest of the season please! 

@Andy @Lindzi 

Save something for the spin-off movies!!!!!!

Also, it's certainly interesting watching these new episodes with the fact that Carol and Daryl have their new found spin-off cloak-of-invincibility.....there's no jeopardy for them with all these shoot outs and close scrapes, it's all the other actors now who will catch the stray bullets!!!!

Thom77
Elite 2

@Andy @Lindzi 

Well folks, what did we think of episode two in the return of TWD??  We thought episode one was OK, not sure that we could really say last nights episode was even that good!!!  All a bit boring for me....hope that's not what the Carol and Daryl spin-off series is going to be like.

They must be saving the exciting stuff for the Negan backstory episode and also when they return to Eugene and the Stormtroopers?????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @Lindzi Ahhhh I think you may have guessed from my late reply but .... yesterday's episode. Erm .... I have a confession to make .... I turned it off after 20 minutes. The first ever episode of TWD I’ve not watched in full .... it was just pointless wasn’t it?😔

I mean, I get they filmed it during lockdown, had to be careful with distancing etc BUT what a yawnfest!!! Talk about pointless ... why do I want to know what happened years ago ... fill in the gaps to something I never needing the gaps filling in? I’d rather fill in the gaps in my brickwork than watch any more of that rubbish. 

I was going to ask if I missed anything good so that I can go back and stick it out, but I’m guessing I can quite happily write it off and be no poorer for it? It must have been bad, because I was never anywhere near that bored watching TWD:WB!! If there is anything I need to know from that episode perhaps you could fit it into a postage stamp sized sentence for me? 😇😜

And if that’s any sign of what we have to look forward to in the Carol/Daryl spin-off then I’m going to go back to watching my carefully compiled list of Carl's best episodes instead. 🤯😂

Thom77
Elite 2

@Andy 

I'm trying to read between the lines, but I'm really struggling with how you feel about that episode, you hide your thoughts well!!!!!!!!!

There isn't much more to be said, it was poor, lets hope for better next week. (maybe @Lindzi  loved it??????)

As you may also imagine, Talking Dead was a snoozefest, Melissa McBride so didn't want to be there.  They tried so hard in a 40min show to find anything to talk about, of interest, from what they had just seen.  One interesting morsel, apparently the puppy used in the episode has the real name Carl.

Lindzi
Elite

@Thom77   @Andy 

Yep dullsville!!!! There was an exciting part that involved throwing a dead fish at a front door. 

Next week looks better I hope...the new man was in terminator 2 right????  

They have such a short amount of time why are they giving us a whole episode of drivel....where's the stormtroopers, helicopters, the sas baddies???

As a side note are you guys having trouble logging in to here, I go in a loop of logging into community that takes me back to nowtv home screen and not into here. So annoying. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Thom77  Ah yes Robert Patrick of T2 and X-Files fame (he took over from Mulder), heard he was coming in  - should be a good addition. Looks like we are all in agreement, so I don’t have to suffer the last half hour of it!! 😜

PS yes to the logging in issues, takes a few goes, round and round and a bit of luck to get it.

Thom77
Elite 2

@Andy @Lindzi 

Wow, signing in to this thing was a bit weird earlier today, now it's even worse.....matches quite nicely with the merry-go-round that signing out has been for many months.  Lets hope it gets better soon or they'll be driving folk away in droves!!!!

Yep, Robert Patrick is always good to watch, so lets hope from next week we have better stuff to talk about????

So we are all agreed, TWD on Monday was pants......maybe we should have watched that interview thing instead????🤣

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @Lindzi Confession time again folks ... I took one look at the listings, saw last nights episode was a Gabriel and Aaron special ... stared at a blank wall for a few minutes then brought myself back from the edge and watched a film instead. After last week's terrifically entertaining Carol and Daryl and some random woman we will never see again episode, the thought of watching a pulse-pounding Gabriel, Aaron and probably some random woman I’ll never see again episode felt like a sensory overload too far. 

So I am now waiting with baited breath to find out if I should immediately rush to watch it tonight or just read your comments and wait for next week's thrilling episode which might up the actor quota up to four .... my fate is in your hands!!! 🤞

Thom77
Elite 2

@Andy @Lindzi 

Last nights episode was a bit better than last weeks snoozefest, but it took its time to get interesting.

The first half was pretty dull and @Andy may have switched off again at that point if he had been watching!!!!!!  Robert Patrick then turned up, things went a bit Deer Hunter-ish, a bit more exciting and then the episode finished.  You could just fast-forward until you see Mr Patrick and then watch???

You do just think however that they shouldn't really have bothered with these extra six episodes, just put the time, effort and budget in to producing a great final season.