cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Of course the question is if that's what the A's are for, what are they doing with the B's, like poor Rick who presumably is somewhere in the republic! You're right, they definitely need to start giving us some answers about the republic, and this show is looking like it might be the one to give us those (eventually!! - TWD never gives quick answers!)

There's an interesting article here about it, although still not much the wiser having read it! If the next episode doesn't give us some more hints I'm gonna be very disappointed! 

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-episode-4-post-credits-scene-explained/

Hope you got your online shopping sorted! 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi guess what, the showrunner has spoken and the answers we seek will be given ... later in the season ... Oh, and maybe in the next season instead ... If there's one thing we can be sure of in the TWD universe it is that they are reliably slow in telling us anything! 😂😇 Strap in for the long haul!

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a34490844/the-walking-dead-world-beyond-episode-4-post-credits-sc...

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

If we find out ANY answers I'll be happy!

The main TWD doesn't tell us anything.... they put in things like the 'A' very regularly throughout the seasons, and never actually take it anywhere!

I can't believe that they started putting them in the show all those years ago, knowing they'd do this spin off and reveal it there...not buying it but we'll see what they come up with 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Seen episode 5 yet? Oh dear, what an absolute snoozefest it was! I mean, nothing, basically nothing has happened that couldn't be squeezed into a 2 minute trailer. And while they had to get Elton's backstory out of the way to go with the other backstories, little Elton was annoying and it was only vaguely interesting. The whole 'we're going to try and break the group up by plotting one against the other' plan just fell flat, and when the zombie attack eventually came it was painful to watch, Judith could have sorted out them singlehandedly with one hand tied behind her back. The only tiny glimmer of interest came with Hope realising she killed Elton's mum ... but it's not exactly cliffhanger material.

My enthusiasm for the show has definitely taken a nosedive, however I'll continue on with the show if for no other reason than I need to do my bit for the team having given up on FTWD - however I wouldn't blame you in the slightest if you'd decided to give up after this sorry excuse for The Walking Dead episode!!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

I'm not missing out on an Emmy winning quality piece of TV by the sounds of it???  But they have you hooked on the TWD World so you can't not watch......it's not over yet, but I'm guessing the main takeaway from this show will be that little bit of post-credits action from the other week????

I bet FTWD sounds like a treat right about now!!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

It is utter dross so far. No story, nothing happens for 99.9% of the show and the acting is beyond terrible. 

I may just start watching the current season of Fear on Prime...I am probably willingly to pay for it now 😉

What sort of storyline is trying to get some of them to agree to go home? Go back then and let's wrap this dross up and make a different show instead with an actual storyline. 

Such a shame that it is so bad. What do we do....keep watching and hope it gets better or give it up? Tricky as I normally would be a 'see it through to the end' type person 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Have you read the IMDb user reviews? 

Savage! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

You're going to have to keep watching (to keep the forum thread ticking over if nothing else).....you must live with the 99.9% of rubbish for the 0.1% that will probably mean something important with regards the 'bigger picture'???  But you can both be consoled with the fact that it will only be two seasons!!!!

Despite the reviews I'll probably still go for the Blu-ray, just not immediately released full price Blu-ray, hang on for the bargain bucket version!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi wrote:

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Have you read the IMDb user reviews? 

Savage! 🙂

@Lindzi 

Nope, I tend not to check out online reviews for shows......or you'd probably stop watching everything!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi Ahh, I knew Thom would be unable to avoid sneaking a peak at all the exciting TWD goodness he is missing .... erm .... I'm guessing the chances of pulling off my masterplan of making him green with envy with all the talk of how amazing this new show is have slipped somewhat??

I can't lie, it makes even Bran the Brainless taking the throne look like a pinnacle moment in televisual history. However like I say I'm willing to take one for the team and carry on with it to the end, just in case we do actually find out anything more about the Republic, which is the only interesting thing to come out of it and may impact on things that happen in proper TWD. 

As for online reviews, no need to read those, I reckon I can easily capture everything you need to know about each episode in 10 words or less, and I'm confident my weekly updates will quickly become the highlight of your locked down weeks to come! Don't thank me, it's the least I can do for Queen and Country! 😂