cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

I'm a bit behind the viewing schedule this week...... my TWD fix delayed by Life things, how bloomin' annoying!!!!!

Yes, a quiet episode but those amazing Judith and Negan scenes to steal the show.  Judith only pops up rarely and wows the viewers, one of those actresses who will probably win an award for only a few minutes of on screen work??  She just makes the actor playing Henry look even more useless (remember he only got the job because his little brother was young Henry... a dangerous decision for the makers, yes he'll look right, but if he can't act....)

Will be sad to see Michonne leave and (if not killed-off) she can only take one child, leave Judith and take the other one whose name I can't quite remember.

The Whisperers are looking real good for the rest of the season...... Greg Nicotero on Talking Dead did say that the second half of this season would have a lot more scenes like the opening scary foggy thing in the graveyard.... so fingers crossed for more scares.

It was good to see a Talking Dead with Norman Reedus and JDM, but it sort of seemed that NR turned up mostly to plug the new third season of his Ride series on AMC???  Which I didn't mind too much as I have been watching that show on AMC UK...... and for folk who haven't had that pleasure, it's a show where Norman is filmed doing motorcycle stuff with his friends and other interesting people.... and it looks like the new season of Ride will have an episode where Norman is Joined by Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Andrew Lincoln and it looks like fun will ensue because Norman and JDM are bike nuts and it seems Andrew Lincoln is not so much of an ace rider!!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

AMC channel though!! Why put things on the AMC channel? I would watch the motorcycle thing...but no it's on the AMC channel, how many people actually have the AMC channel?  Smiley Mad Smiley Happy

The Whisperers are a bit unsettling for the viewer....I like it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi 

Unfortunately, I don't think AMC UK viewership figures will be topping any charts as long as it remains a BT TV exclusive and who knows how long that deal is????  I think you can get the channel on Sky if you pay for BT Sport, then they throw in access to AMC for free????  However, at the moment it remains a niche channel.

As Ride with Norman Reedus is from the AMC network in the US that is probably why it would have ended up on AMC UK, just like FTWD did......... I'm not sure if early seasons would now be available anywhere else (Netflix or Prime????) or if it's just AMC UK........ but it's actually been one of those quite interesting shows where many of his guests you don't have a clue who they are but his TWD co-stars pop-up from time to time.  A good watch if you ever get the chance to see it.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

But isn't TWD an AMC show? I will look on prime etc to see if anyone has it. I like that kind of stuff! Fear is still not anywhere to be found but I think last year it wasn't on prime until April/May so that's awesome Smiley Sad

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi 

Yes, TWD is AMC in the US, but that show was going on Fox UK long before AMC UK came to BT TV, so BT's deal didn't include shows that already had other deals elsewhere..... they only got the pick of new things and if I remember correctly, when AMC launched in the UK one of the first things on was FTWD.  Like we discussed previously on this thread, will new TWD Rick spin-off movies be on Fox or AMC???

I hope when you get to FREE FTWD season 4 on Prime you think it will have been worth it????  I suspect that season 5 of FTWD will be on AMC just after TWD season 9 finishes on Fox, so April/May might be a good guess.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User 

Another good episode where nothing really happens but we still get a lot of mileage for our viewing! So what do we think of Lydia? Not a very Whisperer-y name is it? I would have thought they'd all have changed their names to Bonecrusher, Skinface and Scary-Mary or something. I enjoyed her ever changing flashbacks - but can we really believe the 'final' version? After one night in jail are we really going to assume she's a reformed character and 'fessed up everything? Not me, I've been watching TWD too long!

I'm sure we're supposed to marvel at what a mature, sensitive, grounded lad Henry is and how perceptive he is of Lydia's true character ... but I'm just thinking he's turned into bloody Carl again!!!! Henry, you idiot, SHUT THE JAIL DOOR!!! What are you doing letting her out for a moonlit stroll??? She's going to poison you with her encyclopedic knowledge of native worms!

And how scary was Alpha at the end? I'm thinking REALLY scary!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Yes, an interesting if not really exciting episode, which may have been a bit too heavy on the Henry...... when Henry and Lydia went on their moonlight stroll, who else was wanting her to plant that hammer in the back of his skull??  Unless TWD World has found the secret to prisoner rehabilitation then I don't think Lydia can be trusted.

The final scene was the best bit, Samantha Morton as Alpha looks to be one good character....... Talking Dead that followed showed a clip from the rest of that scene where Alpha rocks up to the door and 'chats' to Daryl..... some cool stuff!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi 

Glad I'm not the only one with Carl-Henry-phobia! Oooh sounds interesting - Alpha v Daryl - did Daryl look as if he was about to wet himself? He does have that look sometimes, don't ya think!! Smiley Tongue 

The whole 'let's go look for our missing friends' from the newbie group (OK I admit I haven't remembered ANY of their names at all, I must look it up and learn them!) was pretty pointless ... it kind of used up the extra 10 minutes the scriptwriters needed to make a full episode, but these 'it's a Hilltop/Alexandria/one place episodes' can be a bit contrived - they must have known we all wanted to nip back and find out what's happening with Negan when he makes his less than triumphant return to base!! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Alpha is totally scary!! The southern accent makes it even more sinister, as it always seems homely and sweet....not her though. I wonder if we'll get an Alpha/Carol showdown?

Henry is just as annoying as Carl isn't he? How do we get him fired? Although with him taking over Carl storylines I have a feeling that we will be seeing much more of him, disappointingly.

Next weeks sneak peak looked good on talking dead

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User  An Alpha-Michonne-Carol standoff should be interesting ... with Judith providing back-up! Yes please, in fact that can be a whole episode with just those four in for me (altho maybe Negan can pop along half-way to bring them a cup of tea and a scone).

How long is the Whisperer thing going on for do we know? It's supposed to be the bloodiest conflict in TWD comics so I'm guessing it will be all next season as well, which makes Michonne's departure worrying. Have Talking Dead given us any ideas?