cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User 

Caught it last night and yes, by far the best of these lockdown episodes. Again felt a bit like it was a story not needing to be told (I think villains are better when we don’t know much about their backstory, a kind of boogeyman) but still, it was an interesting backstory and well done. And at least we are left in an interesting place as well about the future of Negan and what sort of Negan we will get. 

Glad it’s not too long before we are back for the next season, let’s just keep fingers tightly crossed it will be worth watching when it does! 🤞🤞👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

We thought that may happen didn't we! I am not paying for another subscription so if Amazon prime has the season to buy I will do that I think as it would be cheaper surely

I purchased the current season of Fear on there and it's worked out well

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

Yep, it may come as no surprise, but the chances of me going for another streaming service are slim to none!!!!  Buying TWD season 11 as a boxset on Amazon Prime could be an option or wait until the DVD (which would be a considerably long wait).

We may have to turn this thread in to a TWD: World Beyond chat!!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi If the last few eps of TWD were anything to go by I won’t miss it in the least!! Haha, only joking, you know how dedicated to the cause I am! So, off to Disney+ eh? They’ve bought just about everything I like! I have tried it for a few months to catch a few shows, watch a few films etc and it’s ok, they’ve build up quite a formidable back catalogue, although all my favourite franchises (Planet of the Apes, The Omen, Alien etc) I already own so no need to stream. I’m also wary of Disney developing future films for these, and the upcoming Alien TV show (they're bound to Disneyfy it!)

Still, you’re right it’s looking like the only show we might have a chance of simulcasting and dissecting with our thorough, critical, in-depth analysis (I’ve no doubt the rest of the forum members hang on our every post, the highlight of their week) is TWDWB. And to be fair it wasn’t that bad and did show promise, certainly far more watchable than the lockdown drivel on the main show. 

Keep the TWD flags flying, friends! 😜👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Well folks, new final season TWD is about to start on Monday and how many of us are likely to be watching on Disney+???????  It looked like it might just have been @Andy unless anything has changed in recent months??????  I still haven't partaken in Disney+ so I'm keenly anticipating the full final season DVD, probably in 2023......can't wait!!!!!!!

My last lingering memories of TWD for the next while will just have to be those highly enjoyable special episodes from earlier in the year!!!!

Just a couple more months until TWD:WB returns.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

I have Disney+ now as I cancelled the cinema pass on NOW. I never watched movies anyway so just moved my money to Disney for a bit. 

You could buy the new season on amazon prime video and you should get each episode weekly. I think when I did that with Fear it was £16 for the full season. I'm really impatient so I couldn't wait 😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

I'll maybe need to keep an eye on Prime and see if that happens, but paying extra for stuff on Prime is against my religion🤣  I'd maybe wait and see if a group of episodes (like this first batch of 😎 comes to prime at a better value cost as that would no doubt happen long before a DVD????

At least that seems like two of us with Disney+ and there will be life in this forum thread going forward?????  I will just need to keep an eye on your weekly chit-chat with @Andy for TWD news as I will no doubt forget most of it by the time I actually get to see it??

What else do you watch on Disney+??  I wonder if you'll get the weekly Talking Dead shows??

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User  @Andy 

Oooh yes the talking dead! Hopefully it will be there as I quite liked that. 

I've not had Disney for long but I think I will be a Star person rather than anything else on there

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

Yep, I think if I ever got Disney+ the Star section is no doubt where I'd end up.

I was staying with a relative a few weeks ago and did actually watch that new Black Widow film on Disney+ ......it was actually quite good, but I think it was like a £20 extra......that brings me out in a cold sweat!!!!!!!!!!!!