cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi wrote:

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

These eps have been a waste of time so far haven't they

@Lindzi @Andy 

I imagine the US Network demanded something from the Show makers so it wasn't off air for such a long time between seasons 10 and 11???

"God damn it Scott M Gimple, give us something to show for a few weeks, even if it's rubbish"

Got to keep that TWD money making juggernaut ticking over.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User in the words of the immortal Jack Bauer ...

428646d1502804259t-august-update-where-you-jack-bauer-dammit-damn

Well I’ve taken everything you said into consideration and I’m just gonna skip it. This mini-season has definitely brought out the grumpy in us, even a wrinkled sheet has got @Lindzi 's teeth grinding!! 😂

However, Princess and stormtroopers, I can get on board with that. I can’t promise I’ll enjoy it, but I will at least watch next week's episode! Fingers crossed folks!! 

giphy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Just a small aside that I've been meaning to bring up here for a couple of weeks.....if you're looking for something to watch on Amazon Prime Video have you heard about the show Invincible that is coming (I think) from 26th March???

This may or may not be your thing, but it's an adult aimed animated superhero show and the main thrust for popping it in here as an aside is because its created by TWD man Robert Kirkman and I think it also has many past and present TWD actors doing voices.

I think I'll give it a watch and it might interest you too????

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User  @Andy 

To be honest I never watch animated shows, but that could def interest me. Let us know if you think it's worth a watch once you've started it. 

I'm currently watching Hunters and The Sheild on Prime

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi 

I think by accident I came across an article on this Invincible thing, talking about how there is 'buzz' about this new show coming.....but I suppose there was probably 'buzz' about World Beyond coming as well, so I guess 'buzz' might not be all it's cracked up to be?????  I think I'll give it a try and no doubt I'll report back with my usual "it's OK".

I'm not the biggest animated show follower ever, but I do try them occasionally.....I watched Harley Quinn on E4 a few months back and also Star Trek Lower Decks on Prime Video and I enjoyed them, so time to try another.

I do like The Shield, I'd probably put it right up there on the list of best things ever watched.......I'm currently watching the last season of Empire on Prime Video (please don't judge!!!).

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

Oh I'd never judge people's tv shows! 

I'm only on S1 of The Shield but every review raves about it 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User cheers. I like superhero shows but generally don’t bother with animated films/shows as I tend not to be able to 'get into them'. However like Lindz I’d be interested to know what you think and will decide from there. I’m a Star Trek fan but I couldn’t get into Lower Decks either (only watched first ep so maybe didn’t give it a proper go?), so I can’t promise to become a fan! 😊

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Well folks, what did we make of last nights episode (assuming we all watched)?????

It was interesting enough, but even though it was the storyline we were keen to get back to, it did again just seem like a Covid-restricted filler piece that ended on a cliffhanger very similar to where it was at end of last season.....are we any further along in our understanding????  I'm guessing they'll only get back to this storyline in an exciting way once we get to season 11 later in the year??

Be afraid, be very afraid......I haven't seen last nights Talking Dead yet, so haven't seen the sneak-peek of next weeks episode to confirm, BUT my TV guide thingy was telling me that next week is back with Carol and Daryl again???????  If that is true, then I guess they are leaving the Negan episode until last???

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

I watched both last night. It was ok but we just don't get anywhere with these episodes do we. Talking dead was a waste of time.  If the most interesting thing that they could show for next week is Dog choosing Carol rather than Daryl then next week might be a snooze fest too!

Negan episode is what we are waiting for 😂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi 

Well, I am delighted to inform you both that I watched last nights episode. I now regret to inform you that I thought it was a load of rubbish! Yes it was good to see Princess again. Good to see a stormtrooper. Zeek and Eugene ... well nice of them to appear in Princess' cuckoo imagination. But we already knew Princess was a little 'on the edge' from the first time we saw her. So basically all I’ve got from last night's episode is that you can take the first 5 minutes, stick it together with the last 5 minutes to make a 10 minute episode, and then everything in between is instantly forgettable filler. 

There’s no way I’m sitting through another Carol and Daryl disaster so hopefully you’ll take one for the team (I did my share with TWDWB😜) and let me know what happens!

Does that just leave us with one more episode left? The pressure is going to be seriously on for that to deliver! 😂