cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Good grief, you’ve definitely been over-indulging on the post-Xmas booze haven’t you? I wonder if you’ll wake up sober one morning and realise what you’ve done! Crazy fool, so much for Dry January! 😜

You've made a good choice, as Amazon prime Video have really upped their game recently. I’ve always preferred Netflix for their content, with very little on APV to interest me, but they’ve picked up some really good shows lately: Hanna, Jack Ryan, Picard, Star Girl, Alex Rider to name a few, as well as nicking The Expanse and improving their movie selection. In fact I prefer it to Netflix at the mo (although Disney+ will def give it a run for their money once their Star addition kicks in)

Naturally you’ve made the wise choice by going for their jewel in the crown, World Beyond, first *cough* 😇

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy 

Yep, the heddy mix of booze and continued lockdown leads to out of character decisions!!!!  It was always going to happen one day, was just waiting for the best deal.

I think comparing directly I have always thought Netflix had better TV options than Amazon prime Video, but maybe Netflix has too much choice of TV there wouldn't be enough hours in the day for all the stuff I'd liked to watch.....and they don't deliver your shopping in super quick time, it was always likely to be Prime.  Netflix and Disney+, I'll leave them for another day.  I can always get the interesting Netflix stuff on DVD.

You mention a few of the things I'm going to watch in due course: Hanna, Picard, Stargirl, The Expanse (i take it they pinched this from someone else??).......plus some other stuff like Vikings, that Star Trek Below Decks, the delightful FTWD and other things I've forgotten about.......I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth.

The first two episodes of TWD:WB have been OK, need more time to form a decisive opinion though.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

Good news and you got a good deal too! 

I don't watch much on Prime really and should pay it more attention. I like Bosch though. 

I was enjoying Vikings a long time ago but forgot to go back to it...so a good reminder!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

Well I've binged hard over these last few days and all 10 episodes of The Walking Dead: World Beyond have been watched.....It wasn't too bad and neither will it trouble the awards season, so somewhere in between in terms of quality.  They're on a hiding to nothing I suppose trying to make a show that's really good when all they are getting is twenty episodes over two seasons, nothing other than some filler until Rick pops up at the end of season two and then they can get on with the spin-off movies?????

Only a couple of weeks now until the main show returns.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

I'm re watching the main show currently S10 ep8. It does reignite my frustration that helicopters, the A's painted everywhere plus other things have still not been explained.......yet. 

We get Negan's story first episode of the new series I think, which hopefully will be good!!

Thought world beyond was just awful, so you've been kind to it 😂. What Fear seasons have they got for free up on Prime? I paid for the latest season so have watched the first half and waiting for second half which I assume will be delayed because of covid. 

If you find any good stuff on Prime let us know...I've done bosch, jack ryan, some of vikings. Not watched hanna so could try that next.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

Yep, will need to rewatch that last episode of TWD before we get back in to the new stuff.....can't actually remember at this moment what happened in it!!!! 

I do like to sit in the middle ground with my opinions....TWD: WB, wasn't awful, wasn't great, just somewhere in between😁  It was inoffensive enough.

I think seasons 1 - 5 of FTWD are included, with 6a still an extra cost and I'll be waiting until that goes included....which may be some time.  I believe AMC UK have already stated that FTWD season 6b will be back in April, so may come to Amazon in the Summer?????

If I find any gems I'll make then known.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi The first season of Hanna is good but the second is brilliant so make sure you stick with it! 

Congrats @Anonymous User on getting through TWD:WB, you seem to be it’s biggest fan out of us all! Perhaps it was just the rush of excitement on finally signing up to APV that went to your head? 

See you both in a couple of weeks for Dead's return 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

I've moved on to watching Stargirl after TWD:WB.....but sounds like after that I should be giving Hanna a go??  It was on my radar but will probably bring it up the pecking order if it's that good!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User 

OK folks, hit me with the Talking gossip. What did I think of last night? In the words of a wise man, 'it was OK'. Of course nice to see Maggie back, and there were a lot more cast members than I was expecting mid-pandemic (I was worried it might be 3 people, 2m apart with a cloud of fly spray hovering overhead) so that was good. It was also good seeing these new reaper people who are obviously highly trained ex-ninja SAS guys with a supply of personal grenades. Somehow Maggie doing a Robin Hood isn’t going to be good enough to take them down! Not so keen on another little kid joining but first impressions are GJ might not be quite as annoying as Carl.

However I was a bit meh about the 'beef' brewing between Maggie and Negan. But I couldn’t help thinking that was years ago now, we’ve all moved on, old news, if you didn’t like it you should have dealt with it about 3 seasons ago!!

Still, all in all just nice to see TWD back on the screen!! 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Haven't watched Talking Dead yet, I save that for Tuesdays.

Yes, it was OK, nothing spectacular, but good to have it back.  Our favourites can't get a break with the people they meet....Whisperers, Reapers (they don't sound good), maybe in the final season they'll come across a group called the Friendlies????

In pandemic world we'll no longer get hordes of Walkers, they'll only attack one-by-one, which should make them easier to fight off??

What did that Reaper guy say just before he blew himself up, couldn't make it out, was it something of any importance???

Yep, not too much in this episode with Maggie and Negan, just some withering stares to bookend the episode....maybe more of note will follow??