cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi @Thom77 Happy New Year to you both too (we’ve started as we mean to go on with national lockdown number 37 I see!) 

Can’t comment on FTWD but I’m with you on the repeats, in my case I’m working my way through a rewatch of Lost on Blu-ray (half way through S3) and have the GoT Blu-ray box set from Xmas which will be going on next! I noticed there’s always Classic Coronation Street on ITV4 if we’re still in lockdown after that! 😜

Lindzi
Elite

@Andy   @Thom77 

I re watched Lost not that long ago....really enjoyed it as I hadn't seen it since watching when it aired on tv. GOT I watched season 5 onwards over xmas. 

It really is a dire situation for tv shows. I adore greys anatomy and I know they filmed through the pandemic but where will air in the Uk? It's an ABC show I think, normally sky witness but I'm sure Disney was mentioned. I really don't want to sub to another streaming site 🙄

Also watching repeats I keep thinking oooh they're standing a bit close to either other!😂

Well enjoy and if you come across any good telly give me a shout!

Thom77
Elite 2

@Lindzi @Andy 

Happy New Year to you to and I'm still (I think) avoiding the plague as we ride wave number whatever!!

The one thing I have stopped watching is the News, I swear one day the main story will look exactly like the Pilot episode of TWD!!

Yes, TV land is getting a bit barren when it comes to new exciting stuff and I guess that will be the case for a while??  Unless of course you do want to sign-up to multiple streaming services, something I have famously been avoiding for years🤣  Although the idea of maybe joining Amazon Prime is starting to whirl about my mind a bit.  I get the feeling Disney+ and the new upcoming addition to it called Star will undoubtedly shake up our telly viewing in many ways....some folk on the Geektown website are already suggesting that could be the death-nell for the Fox channel in the years ahead???????????

I have watched that A Teacher show on I-player and I also bought myself the DVD of seasons one and two Cobra Kai (after seeing it initially on Youtube), wasn't that big a fan of the original movies, but I love this new follow-up.  I also watched The Lost Boys for the umpteenth time (favourite film) and I'm also looking forward to season two of Pandora next week on SYFY.

@Andy  funny you mentioning classic Corrie', was watching TV recently with my Dad and we ended up on a classic episode and immediately wondered what year was that??  Lets guess a year and see who is closest and we'll watch for those Roman Numerals at the end of the credits to tell us when it was......unfortunately, couldn't work out the long roman numeral thingy, so no idea who was right, but at least it wasted 10 minutes of my pandemic life!!!!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

... Thus starting up a new Xmas tradition in the @Thom77 household maybe? 🎄😉😇

Thom77
Elite 2

@Andy @Lindzi 

Well folks, this may shock, but I've FINALLY taken the plunge and signed up for a bit of Amazon Prime Video!!!!

Post New Year I'd been mulling over the idea and finally did it yesterday....I've already got the App on my Now TV Stick and BT Youview box, but I'd always thought about getting one of their 4k Firesticks when I joined and taking the plunge with their £79 annual thingy.  Just this week the 4k stick was down at £34.99 and they were doing it with 3months Prime for just £36.99.....so that extra £2 then £79 for the next 12months, I make that £81 for 15months and the time was right to take the plunge!!!!!!

So I've started off by watching TWD: World Beyond and I'm two episodes in.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77  Good grief, you’ve definitely been over-indulging on the post-Xmas booze haven’t you? I wonder if you’ll wake up sober one morning and realise what you’ve done! Crazy fool, so much for Dry January! 😜

You've made a good choice, as Amazon prime Video have really upped their game recently. I’ve always preferred Netflix for their content, with very little on APV to interest me, but they’ve picked up some really good shows lately: Hanna, Jack Ryan, Picard, Star Girl, Alex Rider to name a few, as well as nicking The Expanse and improving their movie selection. In fact I prefer it to Netflix at the mo (although Disney+ will def give it a run for their money once their Star addition kicks in)

Naturally you’ve made the wise choice by going for their jewel in the crown, World Beyond, first *cough* 😇

Thom77
Elite 2

@Andy 

Yep, the heddy mix of booze and continued lockdown leads to out of character decisions!!!!  It was always going to happen one day, was just waiting for the best deal.

I think comparing directly I have always thought Netflix had better TV options than Amazon prime Video, but maybe Netflix has too much choice of TV there wouldn't be enough hours in the day for all the stuff I'd liked to watch.....and they don't deliver your shopping in super quick time, it was always likely to be Prime.  Netflix and Disney+, I'll leave them for another day.  I can always get the interesting Netflix stuff on DVD.

You mention a few of the things I'm going to watch in due course: Hanna, Picard, Stargirl, The Expanse (i take it they pinched this from someone else??).......plus some other stuff like Vikings, that Star Trek Below Decks, the delightful FTWD and other things I've forgotten about.......I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth.

The first two episodes of TWD:WB have been OK, need more time to form a decisive opinion though.

Lindzi
Elite

@Thom77 

Good news and you got a good deal too! 

I don't watch much on Prime really and should pay it more attention. I like Bosch though. 

I was enjoying Vikings a long time ago but forgot to go back to it...so a good reminder!

Thom77
Elite 2

@Lindzi @Andy 

Well I've binged hard over these last few days and all 10 episodes of The Walking Dead: World Beyond have been watched.....It wasn't too bad and neither will it trouble the awards season, so somewhere in between in terms of quality.  They're on a hiding to nothing I suppose trying to make a show that's really good when all they are getting is twenty episodes over two seasons, nothing other than some filler until Rick pops up at the end of season two and then they can get on with the spin-off movies?????

Only a couple of weeks now until the main show returns.

Lindzi
Elite

@Thom77   @Andy 

I'm re watching the main show currently S10 ep8. It does reignite my frustration that helicopters, the A's painted everywhere plus other things have still not been explained.......yet. 

We get Negan's story first episode of the new series I think, which hopefully will be good!!

Thought world beyond was just awful, so you've been kind to it 😂. What Fear seasons have they got for free up on Prime? I paid for the latest season so have watched the first half and waiting for second half which I assume will be delayed because of covid. 

If you find any good stuff on Prime let us know...I've done bosch, jack ryan, some of vikings. Not watched hanna so could try that next.