cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Ye same here, enough to keep me watching tho hardly counting the hours until Friday! I do like how the kids are likeably useless at dealing with the empties tho (and isn't that a cool name for the walkers, I'm going with empties from now on!) 

Now then, isn't the Civic Republic supposed to be the ones that kidnapped Rick (and were in communication with dumpsite woman who's name I've forgotten now)? I'm not sure if that's definite or rumour, but I've definitely heard it! And that makes it kinda exciting! And I do like that we've finally got glimpses of communities who are actually doing rather well in this apocalypse world - after all, I could cope with zombies if I got an apartment with coffee machine, electricity, gas and TV (is Sky still broadcasting in the apocalypse? Or is she watching old VHS tapes????) I definitely think the Civic Republic are going to be the ones I want to see more of, and find out what's going on there with Iris and Hope's dad. Oh ye, the other kids are Elvis and Silus, I'm putting my money on Elvis being the one you're not keen on? 

Anyway glad you're going with it for now, a bit more TWDish chat to keep us going! We just gotta persuade Thom to join us now!! 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

They have helicopters though so there's a plus!! I wondered if they were the ones with Rick, so I'll go with that they are until told otherwise. 

Young people would be screwed in an apocalypse with everything stored online....at least I've got stash of old dvds and CDs...finding something to play them on could be tricky though. Reminds me of Will Smith knowing every line of shrek in I am Legend 🙂

Oh it's the lead girl that I don't think is that good at acting and felix's girl mate....she's terrible too. The one who set the siren off is ok though. 

I'm hoping that they all settle in and it gets better, it's early days isn't it so staying positive. The reviews have been pretty savage but I'm going to give it a chance definitely. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi haha you could always borrow Silus' Walkman to see you through the post-Internet age! Ah right, ye Iris is a little bit of a wishy-washy character at the mo, but like you said none of them are Carl so I can cope. I wonder if we get a tiny peek of Rick right at the end of the last episode, I would if I was in charge!

You're right about the reviews, ouch! Anyway I'll stick with it, I've got to show willing after my lack of stamina for FTWD! 

Anyway, fingers crossed for episode 4, I'll check in with you after I've watched it! Until then, keep safe and watch out for the empties (I sound like a milk man!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Still all well here......and as much as this news may shock, I have still to take the plunge with Amazon Prime, so can't muse on the merits (or lack of them) with regards TWD:World Beyond.  However, in 12 months time when that Blu-ray drops I will be ALL over it!!!!!!!!  When you two chat about season two, I can be all "but do you remember when this happened in season one"...... I'm sure that won't be annoying for you in the slightest??

I will hold my tongue until original TWD returns in early 2021!!!!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Bit late catching up on the new episode, but it's getting a bit better, I like the whole Silus going Silus part together with some artistic red lighting from the flare, and the wolves turning up in that ambiguous 'who's side are they on' way. But still, we've not really made much progress, and I'm guessing from this week's performance Iris will still be annoying you!!

However, let's get down to the real business ... did you see the post-credit scene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

24-25_op_raphael_doctor_evil

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Just shut down the work laptop so going to watch ep4 now. I will watch post credits 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

I think Iris is my new Carl unfortunately 

Now that after credit stuff! That was the best bit of the programme....what's going there? She had a really decent sandwich!

So are they killing people to study them after? Hopefully we'll get more of them next time as they look interesting 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Oh no, I've come round to your way of thinking that she is the weak link in the group, but surely not as bad as Carl ... yet!! Yes you are right the episode as a whole was fairly enjoyable but ultimately completely forgetable, however that ending ... did it click what the 'guinea pigs' were called ... they all had 'A' designations .... they were A's !!!!!  ... a whole group of A's!!!! ... now, where does that ring a bell .... 😲

PS That sandwich! I couldn't take my eyes off it to start with!! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Oooh no that passed me by completely! Was probably searching for fire pits online. So if there's a link then the A people have been around forever! Beginning of TWD and also our time jump. 

We need some answers to the A thing and are they the helicopter people? Do they have Rick?

TWD has run out of time to tell us so one of these spin off shows better start talking 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Annnnd remember jadis told helicopter people who was an A or B and told them that Rick was a B (lied I think) when they asked her. 

Ok hopefully this show will get interesting!