cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Spoiler
An OK episode for me, not great, but not bad!!!

Our favourites certainly got themselves out of that scrape quickly enough.....I take it the Whisperers are no more????  Has Beta got something in his eye??

There's not quite the same jeopardy for the viewer of seeing Carol on a cliff edge when we already know she has a spin-off!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wasn't too fussed with the dodgy CGI of the Walkers going over the cliff edge, that was a bit Z Nation for me.

I'm guessing Eugene can't ride a bike??  Then at the end Eugene and his small crew are accosted by Stormtroopers.....didn't quite see that one coming.

Oh yes and it's good to see Maggie back, with HER mysterious masked friend.
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

Spoiler
Oh I really quite liked it....yes Maggie (and her mate)!!!

It reminded me a bit of S1 when they got gooped up to go through the Walkers after Rick got caught in the tank.

Who are the stormtroopers? goodies or baddies? Looking forward to Maggie seeing Negan...I wonder how that it going to go? I don't think that she will be best pleased.

Talking Dead worth a watch if you haven't watched it yet 🙂 They confirmed Whisperers are all done now
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User Well, you've basically said everything I was going to say. After all this wait I was hoping for an extended length epic, and we got a bit of a predictable damp squib. Absolutely agree about Carol, no drama there at all, although I admit I expected Lydia to jump off in her place. Kinda glad Lydia survived, it's about time she got a break, and it looks like Negan has adopted her now. 

Stormtroopers is exactly what I thought, I expected the episode to end with a bit of wheezing electronic breathing in the background but they didn't go there. Maybe they were all attending a Star Wars Convention when the Apocalypse happened and forgot to bring a change of clothes.

As for Maggie's ninja bodyguard - awesome for all of 2.5 seconds .... 

I expected more!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Yep, just thought we were heading for some sort of feature length humdinger of a finale (no longer a finale), but it just didn't seem to match the hype.

If the Whisperers are now completely gone, they did a great job of picking them off one by one in that horde of thousands, it must have been easy for Lydia to spot them in their identifiable lumberjack style checked shirts????

Fingers crossed once we get these six new episodes in early 2021 the season 10 part d finale will be amazing!!!!!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User  @Andy 

Talking Dead mentioned something about November....I'm sure that they meant this November??

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User Surely not November, I heard early 2021 as well to fill in the space that the second half of a season usually has. Wonder if you got it mixed up with Fear the Walking Dead? Might have to watch Talking now just to see what they did say. 

Forgot to mention but don't you think Carol stood on the top of the cliff in her hooded cloak was definitely channelling her inner Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight? With Stormtroopers as well do we think the producers are hoping Disney will buy them up?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

The presenter of Talking Dead said he'd be back in late November with another episode that was going to be about FTWD and the World Beyond thingy......not anything to do with TWD.  Norman Reedus and Mellisa McBride were on last nights Talking Dead and it was mentioned how they were just back in Georgia to start filming again, so I'd certainly think early 2021 until we see our six bonus episodes????

Talking Dead is not that easy to follow when you have all five or six contributors being involved by Zoom from their homes.....it's not easy to have witty banter with a broadband delay and crashing each others vocals.  Maybe they'll be back in the studio next year????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Don't know if you've been watching TWD: World Beyond but just in case I'll not tag you in any posts about it, however if you have then please do join in! Hope you're well and keep safe!! 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi So have you been watching TWD: World Beyond? I decided to give it a go and have just finished the third episode, and I gotta say I'm rather enjoying it! It's kinda slow with not much happening, but I like the characters - none of whom are annoying kid types - and I'm definitely interested by this Civic Republic alliance and what they're up to (which appears to be a whole lot of no good!) Let me know if you're into it! 

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy 

Yes I am watching it. Not sure about it yet, as you say, not much happening but hopefully things will get going soon! 

This civic republic outfit (hoping that the English lady isn't the stereotypical baddie) what are they all about and what's their deal? She wanted those girls out the way didn't she so maybe she saved them really and isn't actually a baddie? 

Enough to keep me interested for now but I kinda need it to kick it up a notch.  TWD had me properly hooked at episode 1 and the world beyind def hasn't done that.  

Can't remember the kids names, and one of them is not great at acting, but all are better than Carl! 

I read that Angela Kang wants Morgan back on the main TWD so I assume he's not dead on Fear 😉