cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User sorry been away for a few days, but thanks for the heads-up regarding TWD. More episodes eh? But surely they haven’t resumed filming yet have they? If not then presumably the extra footage is stuff already filmed, perhaps deleted scenes that will end up padding out the new episodes with stuff we probably don’t want to see? Ah well, shouldn’t complain, more episodes is more episodes right? ☺️

Glad you are both well, keep safe and carry on! 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Yep, good to hear that we're all still fighting fit.

I'm not too sure if I'd read a story a while back which said the season 10 finale (now not a finale) was going to be a feature length episode because they had so much in the can, so maybe they only need to film a bit more to stretch the content to fill six episodes???? Does sound like one good episode dragged out to fill a schedule gap?????  I don't think the new episodes will be on TV until next spring, so they have some time to film new stuff.....with season 11 delayed until late 2021???

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

Hello!! Hope u both still all ok! 

Did you guys see that there's going to be a daryl/carol spinoff??

https://twitter.com/TheWalkingDead/status/1303717725051564032?s=19

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

Yep, spotted an article today on Geektown website with lots of Walking Dead news, including the new spin-off.

Did you also see that the main TWD show will end after an extended length two part season eleven??

There's still a lot of money, sorry, story to be made from the TWD world.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

Ha ha! Yes and I'll watch them all 🙂

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Oh the main show is ending.....I thought that we were getting 50 odd years!?

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/tv-and-film-the-eleventh-series-of-the-walking-dead-will-be-the-last-20200909?source=twitter

Oh well got fear soon....hope Morgan is alive or I give up on that one 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

TWD won't end until late 2022, then the Daryl and Carol spin-off from 2023.......we'll be chatting on this forum for years to come!!!!

Surely a Daryl and Carol spin-off will just be a will they, won't they zom-rom-com??????????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hello fellow apocalyptic post COVID survivors @Anonymous User @Lindzi nice to see you've managed to find an Internet connection powered by a couple of AA batteries and Eugene's wind up radio. I've surfaced from my survival bunker to check out the TWD updates. 

Well, well, well, I'm amazed they've announced the end of the main show, I was sure they would push it at least to past Supernatural! Maybe 18 seasons I had it down for! Slackers!!!

Loving the sound of the anthology show, that could be a winner. A Carol and Daryl show (sounds a bit like a cheap sitcom to me) sounds good on first thought, but can the two of them really carry a show all by themselves. Or will it just end up as basically TWD with a different name by the end of the first season? I dunno, bit less enthusiastic on that one!

I also see that as usual these shows are all over the place, Amazon have grabbed World Beyond so I'll have to stump up for a sub for a month for that. Will Fox UK go for Carol and Daryl, or will that end up on Netflix? Or StarPlayz to make it even more awkward. Ahhh who knows, but it's looking like our weekly simulcast gossip chats and rip the weak characters to shreds chats may be coming to an end if we all end up watching the new shows at different times on different media (Thom may still be waiting for the DVD releases several years later!!)

And where's Judith in all this? Iwas sure TWD would see us through to at least until she graduates from zombie university, now where will she go? Will Carol and Daryl take her with them? If they don't there's going to be some snooty emails sent off to Gimple!   

And finally .... when will all this happen? The TV channels have already repeated every show they've made since 1975 and the film studios are looking more like the deserted hospital from 28 Days Later .... they'll be lucky to get a trailer for anything out by 2024 .....

Fun times ahead folks, get those bunkers dug out now while the weather's nice!! 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

@Andy  How very dare you with that cheap DVD jibe, I'm a blu-ray man now!!!!  But a very good point, our shows will be split all over the place.  Maybe, just maybe, by the time Daryl & Carol starts in 2023 I'll think about trying Netflix or Prime Video........I don't want to be silly and rush these things.

The anthology show does sound good, just think of all the old characters they could go back and look at......maybe even Chandler Riggs will get another job??????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi Yes obviously you need to do your research and due diligence before rushing into this streaming service mularky, it all sounds very dodgy and new-fangled to me .... I bet it uses loads of electricity and needs a new aerial on the roof pointing in a different direction, get expert advice my friend!! 😊

But seriously, with new 'synchronised watching' features coming into streaming services now maybe we will be able to organise our own lockdown watch parties where we can still watch together and throw cheap jibes in the text box as we discover just how good/bad all these spin-offs are!! 

With social distancing I'm hoping the anthology show doesn't become one of those talking heads shows where only one or two people appear in each episode, they sit on opposite sides of the sofa and spend 40 minutes discussing the good old days when the Governor was the big bad!

PS not much in the way of new shows at all at the moment but have either of you given Lovecraft Country a go yet? It's a bit up and down, hit and miss, but I'm kinda enjoying it in a 'I'll watch it sometime this week' way. It'll do till something better comes along!