Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Elite

Re: Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Andy wrote:

@Thom77 wrote:

and apparently the latest trailer for it includes a helicopter with symbols that is the same as the one that whisked Rick away.

@Thom77 @Lindzi OMG Lindzi will have a fit ... still at least she can watch it if it’s on Amazon Prime ... blimey, even I like the sound of it - helicopters are the key to a ratings winner!

@Andy @Lindzi 

I like the sound of it too!!!!  Now, do I actually sign-up to Prime or wait for the DVD???????

Highlighted
Elite

@Andy   @Thom77 

Now I know that trailers are supposed to make things look good, but that looked quite good.

Helicopter!! I will watch this (only when included in my subscription mind) praying that the teenagers are not the annoying kind i.e Carl types!!

Highlighted
Elite

@Andy   @Thom77 

Not started Dark Matters yet, I have lots of time off over Xmas so was hoping that it will still be available come mid December?

GoT back on 30th November 😂

Highlighted
Elite

@Andy wrote:

@Thom77 @Lindzi Well what are we going to do now to while away the cold winter months until TWD’s return! Has anybody tuned into His Dark Materials yet? Absolutely cracking, gets better with every episode, the best thing the BBC has done in a long time (although it’s turned out to be very Marmite amongst fans of the books so it’s not all praise).

More than I can say for The War of the Worlds which I’ve found a complete snooze fest ...

@Andy @Lindzi 

Well, funny you should ask, before TWD returns on 24th February (Talking Dead said it's back on 23rd in US, so we can no doubt assume Fox will be back on 24th) I will be tucking in to my FTWD season 5 blu-ray out on 2nd December...... and every Tuesday morning I will talk to myself about what is going on!!!!!!

Not really been interested in those BBC things you mention, I've been watching their boxsets of Mayans MC and Pose.

I'm also thinking of watching that Star Trek: Discovery show when it comes to E4 in December....... I get the feeling one or both of you may have seen it, would you recommend it???  I'm not hugely a fan of the franchise, just thought it might be worth a stab in isolation.

ALTHOUGH, in general, Christmas is a good time to have a break from TV, not completely, just some limited viewing to keep the mind ticking over!!

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @Lindzi Yes I think the His Dark Materials episodes are on until next year, so a Xmas binge watch would be do-able.

And yes, I’ve seen Star Trek Discovery - to be honest if you’re not a fan of the franchise I suspect this will become gobbledygook quite quickly, but you’ll easily know from the first episode (where an awful lot of Klingon is spoken!) whether you’re going to like it or not. 

And yes again, I shall be rewatching the final season of GoT for sure.

I shall be thinking about you Thom every Tuesday morning even if I have absolutely nothing to say on the topic of FTWD! But hey, this new spin-off show sounds like we will all be giving it a go? So maybe the team will be back in business for that when it turns up! 😝 (You will of course have to sign up to Amazon Video - we’re not waiting for the DVD release!)

Elite

@Andy 

Ah yes, but if I did give Prime a go for this new spin-off (and I'm as quick at picking up technology as TWD are at developing plot) then as @Lindzi  mentions it would need to be included at no extra charge, not a cost extra as much of their stuff seems to be...... someone ask Amazon what they'll be doing with it!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Elite

@Andy 

Oh, and I probably will give Star Trek: Discovery a try, even just for making more use of the updated All4 App on the Now TV Stick that gives good HD picture on new live channels and catch-up.

Highlighted
Elite

@Thom77 wrote:

@Andy 

Ah yes, but if I did give Prime a go for this new spin-off (and I'm as quick at picking up technology as TWD are at developing plot) then as @Lindzi  mentions it would need to be included at no extra charge, not a cost extra as much of their stuff seems to be...... someone ask Amazon what they'll be doing with it!!!!!!!!!

@Thom77

I'm thinking that it will be included in Prime sub, but I follow them on twitter so I'll let you know of any further info. They've tweeted out the trailer already it kinda suggests it's included.

Highlighted
Elite

@Lindzi @Andy 

Everybody well rested and ready for the return of TWD next week???????

Do we all remember how it finished in our mid-season finale??  I sort of ironically remember that it was rather unmemorable for a mid-season finale......... Michonne sails off with a stranger and some of our favourites chase Alpha in to a cave and have issues......I think that's all I really need to remember, although I will probably rewatch episode 8 some time before Monday.

I did use my break to watch season 5 blu-ray of FTWD.......usual mix of good bits and bad bits, although we did get one episode dedicated to the helicopter!!!!!

Highlighted
Elite

@Thom77  @Andy 

Oh hey! I'm sooo ready for it to be back. 

We've got michonne on the boat, Daryl and friends in that cave with alpha's herd and Negan chillin with The Whisperers. That's all I can remember though 🙂

Ah I'm waiting for ftwd to come back on Amazon Prime but I have to wait soooo long