cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

No clues on Talking Dead about who she is, apart from she is important to the story....so we'll find out eventually.

They talked about another TWD spin off show, so it's happening the 50 year Walking Dead franchise, I just want the helicopter people story to be honest! Who are they!? And I would like this to be told on Fox not AMC please.

Carl Grimes is a guest next week, surely he'll announce his world tour as his music career has really taken off hasn't it! 🙄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User Carl Grimes?!? Blimey! Please tell me Rick didn’t have a love child that turns out to look exactly like Carl, and whatshisface is going to be the leading character in this new spin off? 😱 To be fair the spin-off does sound quite interesting, I might be able to get into it more than I did with FTWD. Might have to tune into next weeks Talking just to see if it’s car-crash TV!

By the way, did we see Gamma this ep? I didn’t spot her, but I’m sure there’s going to be some interesting scenes with her and Negan coming up - Negan is bound to spot an opportunity there to drive a wedge between Alpha and Beta and spring his plan into action ....

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

The spin off is about a community that has lived behind walls so have been sheltered from everything but they have some kind of weapon. I don't know, it sounds a bit dull but obviously I'll watch it 😄

I have no idea if we saw Gamma or not this episode, I haven't worked out who is wearing what dead face mask yet apart from Beta and Alpha. She's a weak link though and with her tasked with also getting friendly with Aaron she may be the downfall of the Whisperers.

Interesting as to why Carl Grimes is on Talking Dead next week....thought that he wasn't a happy camper what with being fired and all?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

Would be really interesting if Eugene was talking on the radio to the helicopter people, but I'm guessing that's not the case........ helicopter folk are now totally for the spin-offs, probably expensive to work and film with helicopters, so save them for the spin-off movie stuff with the movie sized budget????

The Carol and Daryl stuff was also really good, BUT, in those dark woods when the Walkers were getting close the Whisperers reverted to type and I couldn't make out a bloomin' word they were saying to one another!!!!!  What are they saying to each other??  "We're coming to get you" or "they went that way" or are they just making spooky noises????  One day I'll catch what they actually say.

Yes, I couldn't see Gamma either...... she'll be off on her Aaron task.

I'm sure I'll give this new spin-off a try, but who knows where it might end up..... I'm guessing it's not quite just a Fox or AMC fight any more (unless any contracts state they can get first refusal), we have so many more players and services where it might end up.  Fox now owned by Disney, what chances new stuff for the UK goes on the new Disney+.  It may not be easy or cheap to follow the whole TWD World for the next 50 years!!!!!!

Also, Talking Dead seem to be struggling for decent guests in recent times (who was on last night????), maybe why Carl is popping back for a chat??  Should be interesting to watch though.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi wrote:

The spin off is about a community that has lived behind walls so have been sheltered from everything but they have some kind of weapon. I don't know, it sounds a bit dull but obviously I'll watch it 😄

@Lindzi @Anonymous User Oh, that’s not what I thought it was ... I had it in my mind it was about a group of youngsters who had grown up in the apocalypse, I might be getting mixed up with another programme - or maybe that was one of the ideas they rejected (they must have come up with about half a dozen spin-off ideas by now - I was wanting the one set in the Arctic!!)

Yes, something very fishy about Carl appearing ... I reckon he’s up to something ... 🤨

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Lindzi wrote:

@Lindzi @Anonymous User Oh, that’s not what I thought it was ... I had it in my mind it was about a group of youngsters who had grown up in the apocalypse, I might be getting mixed up with another programme - or maybe that was one of the ideas they rejected (they must have come up with about half a dozen spin-off ideas by now - I was wanting the one set in the Arctic!!)

@Andy @Lindzi 

Yes, I'm maybe getting a bit lost on what spin-offs are coming as well........ that one with youngsters and this other one they mentioned last night..... so there are two new shows coming OR are they both the same show, so just one show coming????

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

BUT, in those dark woods when the Walkers were getting close the Whisperers reverted to type and I couldn't make out a bloomin' word they were saying to one another!!!!!  What are they saying to each other??  "We're coming to get you" or "they went that way" or are they just making spooky noises????  One day I'll catch what they actually say.

@Anonymous User @Lindzi You’re spot on this time, even I couldn’t make out what they were saying - I almost rewound and put subtitles on but couldn’t be bothered in the end, it was only a sentence or two ... probably ‘s**t there’s that Daryl and Carol, let’s get back quick’ or something similar 

And you’re right about all these streaming services now, it sounds like Disney are pulling pretty much everything off Sky Cinema, so who knows what will happen with the TV side of things - it could end up anywhere! 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi Quick Google and looks like it’s the same show ... synopsis - 

The new show’s synopsis: “The third installment of the franchise will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.”

... Young adult .... Chandler Riggs needing a new pair of sneakers .... please no, it couldn’t happen!!!

OH, and how could we forget ... the old mysterious stomach bug in Alexandria. Now, I know it’s just cos I’m a skeptic and watch too many horror films, but sudden mysterious bug, people sick, straight away I’m thinking — It’s Dante!!!! I don’t trust doctors who joke around, I’d be checking out his medicine cabinet and making sure he’s not looking for a quick way of passing his medical exams! Look at this miraculous cure for this mysterious illness, I’m a genius doctor, everybody love me .... OR rations are getting a bit low, everybody keeps nicking the peanut butter, let’s thin the competition a bit .... 

I’m on the case!!! 🤨😉👍

5AECD339-56EA-4533-BAC3-4B3D44A33597.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

And you’re right about all these streaming services now, it sounds like Disney are pulling pretty much everything off Sky Cinema, so who knows what will happen with the TV side of things - it could end up anywhere! 

@Andy @Lindzi 

..... and it's probably pretty frightening just all the things that Disney might own or have a hand in.... the TV World is certainly changing with those big floppy mouse ears ready to hoover up much of what we watch.  Family Guy on ITV2 last night did a good episode on Disney being their new Overlords!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User @Lindzi 

OH, and how could we forget ... the old mysterious stomach bug in Alexandria. Now, I know it’s just cos I’m a skeptic and watch too many horror films, but sudden mysterious bug, people sick, straight away I’m thinking — It’s Dante!!!! I don’t trust doctors who joke around, I’d be checking out his medicine cabinet and making sure he’s not looking for a quick way of passing his medical exams! Look at this miraculous cure for this mysterious illness, I’m a genius doctor, everybody love me .... OR rations are getting a bit low, everybody keeps nicking the peanut butter, let’s thin the competition a bit ....

@Andy @Lindzi 

For sure, that Dante..... the doctor without borders, is way too fresh with the babymama jokes.... he's definitely got something going on with all these folk getting ill?????  More to come with him for sure.