cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi 

Yes, the Talking Dead guests probably won't be as good again all season........ will they ever get Samantha Morton (Alpha) on the couch?  I think that would be a difficult booking??

Next weeks episode does look good.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote: I know you don't tend to watch many of the Talking Dead shows that follow the main TWD, but last nights couch of stars did include Judith..... so might be worth watching if you want to see her steal that show as well??  They also give a clip to episode two that seems to confirm that will give some of the Alpha and Beta back story.

@Anonymous User Oh excellent, yes I’ll check that out! After all the Carl-bashing I partook in, who’d have thought his little sis would be my favourite character! 

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Right, serious question.

I stopped watching the Walking dead after i think season 5. I think Jesus just got introduced. 

Should I pick this back? I know this probably a pretty biased place to ask haha.

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F

I'm sure like any good politician, we'll give you good straightforward and unbiased advice........ yes, watch it, everything else is rubbish!!!!

I'm guessing any reasons that the show gave you to stop watching are still there, but you've still to see Negan getting introduced and all the fun and games that come with that over the latter seasons.

It has good and bad points like all shows, but I'd certainly try getting back in to it from where you left (while Now TV still have those older seasons available) OR just read back in this thread for all the good things that have happened recently and start watching from last nights episode!!!!

.......and if you do take it up again, happy watching.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

Right, serious question.

I stopped watching the Walking dead after i think season 5. I think Jesus just got introduced. 

Should I pick this back? I know this probably a pretty biased place to ask haha.

Thanks

Karl

@Karl-F  Jesus turned up half way through season 6 so you must have got that far, but I can understand you giving up then as season 4/5 were a bit of a slog and season 6 started out much the same. However if you’d have carried on to the end of season 6 you would have come slap bang face to face with TWD’s best ever cliffhanger ending! The ending that changed everything and turned TWD into the mammoth event that really set this thread on fire and really kicked off my, @Anonymous User and @Lindzi’s little love fest!

So if it was me I’d say get to the end of S6 and then if you’re not a full blown Walker by then you never will be!

Keep us informed! 😝👍😇

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Karl-F 

Oh yes, ep1 season 7 (is that the Negan introduction?) my favourite baddie ever!!

The new show runner has brought it back from the brink of dullness in my opinion. I couldn't take a whole season that in reality is only covering 2 days again. She's been really good for the show, hopefully @Andy  and @Anonymous User  agree ??

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User pretty good right! Once I’d worked out what was flashback, what was flashback not quite as flashbacked as first flashback and what was the present day (couldn’t decided if it was present day or just a more recent flashback) then I got into the episode! Interesting to see how Alpha and Beta met - and he must be a sort of Phantom of the Opera type character behind that mask! Little Lydia was just a female little Carl running off when she’s not supposed to and being generally useless. Beta is wearing his best friend. Gamma kills her sister. It’s a psychotherapist’s dream!!!

And what do we think of Gamma? She’s like Alpha without the baggage of Lydia - clearly a danger as she didn’t think twice to offing her sister to get number 3 place. I reckon she could be the key to the Whisperer’s eventual downfall - watch this space! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

Yes, who doesn't like some flashback and backstory action, very good indeed....... and which one of your friends faces would you most like to wear????

It does indeed seem like Gamma could play a big part going forward, worming her way between Alpha and Beta and breaking up that special relationship!!!!

As you would imagine, Talking Dead had Beta and Gamma on the couch (no Alpha, just Samantha Morton with some video talk)..... and I think they mentioned that there may be a bit of an easter egg to Beta's backstory in a season five episode of FTWD, indicating that Beta may have been something in the pre-apocalypse world, so when Alpha lifts that balaclava for the first glimpse she may recognise him....... or he might have had no eyebrows or something??????

And the clip from next weeks episode three was really cool, check it out.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

mmmm I'm not sure that I liked it, I struggle to hear/understand what they are saying. I tried to put subtitles on but maybe as I was watching 10 mins behind they didn't work. I might try again at some point 🙂

Good stuff was Beta's mask origin, that is so disgusting! BUT what does his face really look like, I need to know!? I agree this Gamma chick is going to be trouble for them, especially if she catches Alpha having a breakdown over this Lydia business.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

they mentioned that there may be a bit of an easter egg to Beta's backstory in a season five episode of FTWD, indicating that Beta may have been something in the pre-apocalypse world, so when Alpha lifts that balaclava for the first glimpse she may recognise him....... or he might have had no eyebrow or something??????

@Anonymous User @Lindzi Well you know what I’m going to say now don’t you ... that’s your department! Once you’ve watched it you can report back on the link!!!

Oh, I hope he’s all Phantom of the Opera, if it’s just the fact that he’s hiding the fact he’s Justin Bieber I’ll be very disappointed