cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

I'm sure it was somewhere further back in this TWD thread that we briefly mentioned our watching of The Passage on Fox....... and now that we might have enjoyed that new show, they have just gone and cancelled it!!!!!!

I liked it, but season one did actually seem to end in a way that could have been the ultimate ending...... and so it has turned out to be.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

I liked it but yes when it ended I didn't expect another one as it seemed pretty final. The child in that didn't annoy me so that was a big plus 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Argghh typical Fox, it cancels more shows than it renews. That’s triple annoyance with The Passage.

1. I was enjoying watching it, pacing myself nicely and then the show left NOW TV a few days earlier than it should have done, leaving me with 3 episodes I hadn’t seen. 

2. I’ve had to wait until now for it to return, and started watching it again last night, now you tell me it’s been cancelled!!

3. Having given up on reading the books, it now looks like I’ll have to start reading them again to get any sort of ending! Or I might just pretend ep 10 is the end and the books were never written!

Shame, I thought it was just as interesting as The Strain.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User  Argghh typical Fox, it cancels more shows than it renews. That’s triple annoyance with The Passage.

1. I was enjoying watching it, pacing myself nicely and then the show left NOW TV a few days earlier than it should have done, leaving me with 3 episodes I hadn’t seen. 

2. I’ve had to wait until now for it to return, and started watching it again last night, now you tell me it’s been cancelled!!

3. Having given up on reading the books, it now looks like I’ll have to start reading them again to get any sort of ending! Or I might just pretend ep 10 is the end and the books were never written!

Shame, I thought it was just as interesting as The Strain.

@Andy 

Didn't realise you had not got to the end of season one......... just as well I didn't throw in a big spoiler in my last Post!!!!  Are you sure Now TV messed up with their dates, sounds so unlike them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew the whole thing was based on a trilogy of books, but wasn't sure if season one on TV was based on just the first book or all three together...... maybe it was one book per season and the makers were only going to do three seasons......and in the end only got one!!!!

I didn't mind the season one ending...... interesting to find out what you think when you see it.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  The first season would (I guess - I only got about half way through the first book, which is like a doorstop and just took an age to get anywhere. The other two books are also doorstops and I just don’t have enough doors that need stopping!) have only covered the first book as I understand the next two books jump all over the place back and forward in time and I think Amy is an adult when she appears in book 2. Perhaps it’s for the best they cancel it early, I suspect it would be more frustrating to start jumping around into other time periods in season 2, getting a wider story, and then it gets cancelled.

Still, I find the TV networks tendency to cancel shows at the drop of a hat frustrating. It’s not like the ‘good old days’ (A-Team, Six Million Dollar Man, Incredible Hulk, Knight Rider) when every show was a self-contained completely-unrelated-to-anything-that-came-before-or-after episode each week. Nowadays we are expected to invest our time into complex ongoing story arcs for hour after hour only to find out after we’ve invested said time that they’ve canned it! Imagine if they’d cancelled GoT after season 2 before we ever got a chance to see Joffrey get his comeuppance! 

On the positive side, my collection of half-read GoT books and The Passage look very impressive on the bookshelf when visitors come. ‘Oh yes, devoured them all in a few days, couldn’t put them down, classics they are ...’ etc . 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi 

I was just reading a couple of things online, BUT, has it finally happened in recent days, has FTWD Season 4 gone free as part of Prime Subscription?????????

If that is right, then maybe you can be watching S4 to fill the GoT hole........... and it looks like season three of The Handmaid's Tale might not be too far away on Channel 4??????

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User 

Oh oh oh I've just looked and it's there!!! Included in prime membership!! 

Thank you for the heads up 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi @Andy 

Well, now that FTWD season 4 is more freely available on Prime, I'm guessing you might now both be hoovering that up as we speak??????????  Even @Andy  did say he might get back on board???......... well, just to say that I've started watching season 5 on AMC and last nights first episode had a link to the helicopter that took Rick away in TWD season 9.

A dead Walker in a funky looking protective suit had his pockets rifled and out came some paperwork with, you guessed it, a symbol........ the same symbol that was on the helicopter that took Rick away!!!!!!  Now of course, I did not actually spot that fact until they told me on Talking Dead: Fear Edition, but I'm sure @Lindzi  would have been all over it the moment it came on screen???

Who knows how much this might actually be explained or expended upon as we go through this new fifth season, but it's just another intriguing snippet of what could be coming.......... folk online seem to be wondering if this means FTWD and TWD might be getting closer together or more likely if FTWD might have some link to Rick's upcoming spin-off movies??????  Who knows!!!

Also, last nights FTWD did have it's Talking Dead as normal, but no more Talking Dead until after episode 8 mid-season finale........what, how can I watch without the safety blanket of an aftershow to tell me what's just happend!!!!!

Again, I'm not going to pester you with weekly FTWD news, just thought I'd keep your TWD World juices flowing with the odd bit of interesting news.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

Helicopter news!!!!???? Hopefully ONE day they'll let us in on the symbol malarky, but I bet you're right and it is revealed in the Rick movies and I will combust if they are only shown on AMC 😐

I have to confess to not starting Fear S4 yet but I am going to start it this weekend 😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi 

You must be in for a good weekend of TV........... a bit of FTWD, a start on new The Handmaid's Tale and if you watched season one (like me) a bit of new Killing Eve??

I wonder if @Andy  is on board with The Handmaid's Tale???  I binged seasons one and two back-to-back earlier this year with Now TV, so good to now be bang up to date with it on 4HD.