cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi Who wants to watch the first 90 seconds of the mid-season opener? 

Of course you do!

https://www.gamesradar.com/watch-the-opening-minutes-of-the-walking-dead-season-9s-return-as-the-characters-react-to-that-death/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy @Lindzi 

I think I came across that on Youtube the other day and was trying to be good by not watching it and simply waiting until the 11th Feb' ....... however, I will probably cave at some point before then.

As we wait for TWD to return, I did pick up on @Andy  recommendation to watch The Passage on Fox...... quite good so far would be my in-depth review!!!!!  I'm also just trying to binge my way through season one of The Handmaid's Tale before season two drops at some point soon..... another good show.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

Oooh I don't really like previews in case I spoil things for myself BUT temptation may get the better of me, as there can't be any spoilers in there surely?

I am enjoying The Passage too....another child to add to my very short list of tolerable kids in film and tv. I don't mind her at all Smiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @Andy 

I think that Angela showrunner lady is going to be good for twd. I liked her on talking dead and hopefully she'll give it the shake up that it needs!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User  Well it's that time of year again ... TWD is back!! Did we all miss it? Did we enjoy last night's episode? It was another one of those 'nothing really happens but we'll throw in plenty of Negan and zombie scenes to jazz it up' eps. However Negan and Judith (my favourite double act) were superb, old Negan didn't last long in this brave new world without the safety net of Lucille and hundreds of followers did he? He's basically had a day release for good behaviour. Wonder where he's going to end up when he gets back ... running the community library maybe? 

And the whisperers have definitely shook things up for the better - now every time you see a walker shuffling along you're trying to guess if it's a zombie or a whisperer ... it's like a Russian roulette version of rock-paper-scissors!! Great game! And no whispering in this episode, so double-bonus for Thom!! 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Lindzi  And in other news today, Michonne's leaving!! Proper gutted!! Especially if it means she's going to be taking Judith with her (I'm hoping Negan adopts her). Are we taking bets on her popping up in one of Rick's spin-off movies? I'll give it 2-1 on. 

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/goodbye-michonne-danai-gurira-is-leaving-the-walking-dead-on-amc-after-season-10

As if that wasn't enough let's have a laugh at Carl's family still complaining he was given the sack ...

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a26286946/chandler-riggs-dad-son-deserved-better-treatment-walking-dead-boss/

My favourite part is the article opening with the sentence 'fans were shocked and gutted when Carl Grimes actor Chandler Riggs left the series halfway through season eight' ... not me!! Smiley Wink

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

I liked it...plenty of Negan and his friend Judith! She is so good isn't she.

Wow those Whisperers are something else, it brings back the worry of the walkers as we are not bothered about them now really are we Smiley LOL

Nice touch with Negan on his knees in the very clearing that he battered Glenn and Abraham's heads in.

Poor Chandler Riggs as it gets worse!! Henry is taking over the Carl storylines from the the comics so it is another kick in the face!! Carl was supposed to have this 'love in' with Lydia the Whisperer and now Henry will instead.

Michonne though.....wah!!!!!!!! Smiley Sad Yes will she take Judith? Not happy about this news one little bit.

Talking Dead was quite good....Negan, Daryl and Greg Knickerbockerglory

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User  It was a good episode, without it needing to do much at all. Loads of great little moments, like Daryl quick off the draw to come up with his 'shoot them in the leg' whisperer-detector!!

Now I've not read any of the comics but I do pick up odd bits about what happened from the net, and I should have twigged that the whisperers are supposed to lead to the bloodiest battle yet - which in theory will mean loads of deaths coming up. I'm now dreading that Michonne's departure may be more permanent than I supposed! Smiley Surprised I really hope not, surely she must be popular with all the fans, and an obvious candidate to go seeking out Rick for more feature length TV movies??? Fingers crossed from me there! 

Ah Henry - he's almost as annoying as Carl, just can't take to him! But I can put up with him as long as he spends most of the season in jail. Any goss on what's coming from up Talking Dead?

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy   @Anonymous User 

They can't kill off Michonne surely!? If needs be she can go where Rick is and then be in films that will probably broadcast on a TV channel that I don't have Smiley Sad

I agree Henry is just as winey as the other child actors that we have been subjected to.....not Judith though, she is a breath of fresh air.

I don't think that there was any gossip in Talking Dead, but I do find it interesting to watch when they have the main characters on like last night and you get a sneak peak of next weeks episode.