cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

Spent last night aimlessly browsing Youtube and noticed one or two videos that were announcing the next character to crossover from TWD to FTWD....... looks like season 5 of Fear will now include Dwight??  If your character leaves the main show and you don't die, you might still have a job elsewhere??

@Lindzi any news yet on Prime giving free access to FTWD season 4....... or are you still waiting???

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User  @Andy

Nope no sign of s4 fear on Prime yet...I keep checking regularly though Smiley Sad

It's good to do the crossovers as there are so many storylines left with characters from the main show. 

I saw another trailer for twd with negan back at the sanctuary....wonder if they'll all join forces against the whisperers? They can all make friends fighting a common cause Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi @Anonymous User So while we're waiting (im)patiently for TWD to return you might want to give The Passage a go ... think TWD with vampires, and pretend it's not The Strain. Fox UK next Tuesday 9pm. It's based on the bestselling trilogy of books by Justin Cronin, of which I've read the first, found it a right slog and promptly gave up  ... but hey, don't let that put you off! 

Trailer coming right up if you're interested

https://youtu.be/6rJ64J-gSbY

Watch the official trailer for FOX's new show, The Passage. Subscribe now for more The Passage clips: https://fox.tv/Subscribe_ThePassage Watch more videos from The Passage: https://fox.tv/ThePassageSeason1 See more of The Passage on our official site: https://fox.tv/ThePassage Like The Passage on
Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy  @Anonymous User

You didn't sell that at all, but watching the trailer, Zach from Saved by the bell is in it so series link set Smiley Happy

We need something to watch! I think I've watched everything now tv has to offer.....where's some new box sets that haven't been shown before!? Any other recommendations send them my way

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi Escape to Dannemora's supposed to be pretty good, altho I haven't watched that yet ... Runaways S2 has started (but I don't think you watched S1?) ... did you ever watch Britannia S1 (seems to be a bit Marmite - you either love it or hate it - I loved it and S2 is on it's way) ... and if all else fails Magnum PI turns up in a week or two! 😄

magnum.gif

...oops, wrong Magnum!!! 😄

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy

I've watched ep 1 of Dannemora.. it was a bit slow but I will keep going with it. Not watched Britannia though, is it a bit silly? It looked a bit silly from the trailer. 

You know I may watch the new magnum but it'll probably make me feel old! 

Never even heard of runaways so shall investigate.

Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi No it's not silly as such, other than the fact that it takes historical accuracy with a huge pinch of salt. It's basically a British GoT with bizarre hints of Robin of Sherwood and The Wicker Man thrown in, but as nothing with a Sky One budget can match HBO's lavish productions it looks a bit cheap compared to that. However I really enjoyed it. Again it's one of those where if you give the first episode a try you know exactly what you're getting for the rest of the season!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

The Passage looks like an interesting show..... think I might add that to my watchlist.

@Lindzi I don't think I'm particularly watching any hidden gems that you won't have watched before or would be keen to start watching....... season two of The Orville starts tonight on Fox, if you watched season one??? AND of course, season three of True Detective is back next week.... hopefully more on season one form than season two form????  I would also heartily recommend @Andy nomination of Marvel's Runaways.

The Dannemora thing I'd heard was good, but slow, so I haven't bothered..... and Sky One's cheap version of GoT with Britannia wasn't something that interested me either...... and nor does this new Magnum show.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

Looking forward to True Detective but you're right season 1 was so much better than 2.

Runaways is now on my list but I need to watch it from the beginning.

You liked Westworld though....that is beyond slow Smiley LOL I will stick with the escape programme for now as it has such a good cast, they wouldn't be in rubbish would they?

Oh well not that long until TWD and GoT I suppose, but Now TV do need some new box sets to do the rounds as the same ones are still in rotation over and over (they are excellent shows but you can't keep re watching them)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Lindzi

Part of the issue we probably all have is that there just isn't enough time in the day to watch everything and even some good stuff has to be shunned.... Westworld got me interested, this Dannemora thing (whatever it's bloomin' name is.... possibly part of the reason I'm not watching?) didn't.  Some times it's nice to just turn the TV off and relax!!!!

Quite right on the returning boxsets thing, just how many times can we watch The Wire before it gets old???  The question to keep us going then, what boxsets that have never been on Now TV would you like to see??  I can't believe they've never been able to bring us boxsets from the NCIS family of shows, I'd have thought they would have been perfect fodder for a service like Now TV, but they just never have them (no doubt for rights issues).

IF You and @Andy like a bit of bonkers stuff, have you watched that SYFY programme Blood Drive?? (boxset leaving in about a month)....... very, very mental B-movie style gross-out nonsense that was canned after its only season, but I sort of got hooked.  Try episode one and see what you think, you might like it OR you might be utterly appalled that you would be recommended such utter drivel.... could go either way!!!!!