cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Walking Dead chat *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

@Lindzi Had to tell someone!! Guess what!! There's some 'big' deaths coming in season 8 according to show runners!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/09/21/the-walking-dead-deaths-war-spoilers-gimple-/

I'm thinking big deaths ... actor who plays Carl wants to spend more time on studies ... Is our wish finally coming true?!?

This could be the moment we've been waiting for ...

image.jpeg

1,032 REPLIES 1,032
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi@Anonymous User

Oh no I didn't know that!! That is interesting, to be fair it's reached the stage where it either needs to be coming to an end (even tho I do love it) OR it needs a 'reboot' and moving in a completely different direction. Perhaps he will become like Mulder did in the last couple of seasons of X-Files and just pop up now and then for the ratings. Then again those seasons of X-Files were pap so maybe not ...

I'd be quite happy for Daryl to start taking centre-stage with Carol in tow, they've always been the Bonnie and Clyde of TWD ...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

@Andy your idea of a 'reboot' may be a good one...... Fear The Walking Dead recently came back with season four and that had been given quite the 'reboot', a new focus and tone compared to previous seasons, SO every chance that season nine of The Walking Dead could have something similar done to it??

Maybe both shows are nearing their end and the makers are trying a refresh to try and make the networks keep them going???

I think Daryl and Carol will be much bigger players going forward.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ah well, Lindzi and I had a little chuckle at the news that the producers can see the franchise going for the next few decades ... they are clearly needing to boost up their pension pots!!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/amc-threatens-us-with-50-more-years-of-the-walking-dead-1820081015

I can't imagine me still watching TWD from my zimmer frame ... but stranger things have happened!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

Considering how expensive US shows are to make year-on-year, they would have to dig deep for a 50+ season show!!!!!  If season nine doesn't go well, we might not even get double figures.

Even if it went to 50 seasons, I bet we still wouldn't know what that helicopter was about.

Lindzi
Elite 2
@Anonymous User @Andy
If we don't find out the deal with the helicopter in next season then I will be sooo annoyed!
Maybe Rick will do a Heath and just be missing for a few seasons, have a little break, and turn up again after negotiating a huge pay increase 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi@Anonymous User OMG OMG OMG have we seen the Comic Con mega-trailer for S9???? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz9LVrhEU4c

literally jumping up and down with excitement it's looking SOOOOOO goood!!! United Rick-Kingdom is NOT going to go smoothly!! And top news is the 'Whisperers' are joining the show, who are apparently a cult of survivors who dress themselves up in the skins of dead humans .... we'll have some of that!!

PS the helicoptor is there!

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Andy  @Anonymous User

Oooh Oooh Oooh!! I had avoided it until now but wow so exciting!! Can't wait for it to come back, I do  miss it when it's not on....it'll be cold in October too Smiley Happy

Noticed Jerry getting some love there as well!!

Helicopter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy@Lindzi

Yes, came across that Walking Dead trailer a couple of days ago and it is fair to say that October can't come soon enough!!!!  However, also watched the Fear The Walking Dead Comic-Con trailer, so that show can take the edge off for me until the original returns.  Nice to see Rick with his well groomed hair and beard, but also sad knowing that all that new action will lead to Rick and Maggie leaving the show.

Pretty cool that Comic-Con thing....... spent a lot of spare time in last few days watching trailers... The Walking Dead, Fear TWD and all that Arrowverse stuff..... I'll need to go back and see what else is on offer.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User  @Andy

I wonder if they will kill off Rick or Maggie......surely they won't do that?! They've binned off Morgan to Fear so I am down on characters I like Smiley Sad Hopefully we get to keep Carol Smiley Happy

Noticed the other day that Fear TWD has been picked up by E4 but even though I have watched the whole of TWD at least twice, Fear doesn't grab me in the same way. When it is free on Prime I will watch it though as up to season 3 I think now.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi@Anonymous User Can't see them being killed off, I'm guessing he'll go off with lil Judith once he realises his vision is no better than Negan's. Interesting to see how it leaves Michonne tho. Still never watched anymore of Fear after half way through S2. Is S3 worth it? Or is it definitely missable? After all there's only so many hours a day for watching TV!

Looks like the showrunners are still planning a second spin-off!

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2018/07/21/the-walking-dead-spinoff-comic-con-scott-gimple/