cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Viewing Rates

I was wondering if I click to watch a show, which is on live TV, and it asks if you want to watch live or on demand, if I click on demand, will this still count as a viewing in the viewing rates, or is it just if you watch it live (with ads). Also will watching a show on demand be a view, even if the show has not aired on live TV.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

If I’m not mistaken I believe that DVR and on demand content counts towards the “weekly” ratings for content.

This link will give you an indication of how the ratings get added up in the UK. 
Suggests that Live, SVOD and time delay (recording?) are factors.

https://www.thinkbox.tv/research/barb-data/top-programmes-report/

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not sure what you mean by Viewing Rates (unless you mean counts has one of your simultaneous streams on your NowTV account and if so it doesn't matter if you watch live or on demand has they both count has one stream against your account).

If you mean something else, please post back with some more information.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do you mean counting to the number of viewers that have watched the show? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the views a show recieves (indicating popularity and renewals for more seasons).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

To be honest i have never known this question to be asked before (might be wrong) and i have been a regular on the Community Forum for about 6 years.

I don't even know if NowTV physically counts the number of streams it gets on a particular TV Show or Movie with regards to viewing numbers (unless there is some software algorithm working behind the scenes which i wasn't aware of).

Unless other forum members know the answer to your question, then maybe ask NowTV directly by using the email address indicated on the screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

If I’m not mistaken I believe that DVR and on demand content counts towards the “weekly” ratings for content.

This link will give you an indication of how the ratings get added up in the UK. 
Suggests that Live, SVOD and time delay (recording?) are factors.

https://www.thinkbox.tv/research/barb-data/top-programmes-report/

ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Hey Guys

Asking about viewing rates/figures is something Now TV may consider to be commercial-in-confidence data, only to be shared between board members and potential buyers.

Personally, I expect Now TV to be silent on this particular topic.

UK Bob

starman73
Elite

See 

http://www.artesea.co.uk/nowtv/movies.php

and sort by popularity

it doesn’t have numbers, but shows how popular movies are, so now tv are recording and publishing it. However life is too short for me to figure it out.

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73 @Anonymous User @gavs82008  @schnapps 

Yeah

Popularity  and viewing figures are two different things, and only one of those can be commercial-in-confidence.

UK Bob