Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Valid Voucher Codes

@Schnapps @4268 @Andy @SeeMoreDigital

Dear Forum Members, especially voucher users

From time to time, user report that when entering voucher codes they get a "Voucher not recognised" error, or something similar.

I was wondering if there was any way voucher users could tell if their codes were valid before entering them into the Now TV system?  Because, I guess like me, most people buy their VC's in batches, e.g. 6 - 12 months worth at a time, and it would save a lot of problems, such as refunds and help calls, etc., if codes could be verified ahead of actual use.

What do you guys think?

UK Bob

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

I quite agree.  There is a lot of confusion about validity of vouchers.  It would be much better if, either:

(1) The expiry date of each voucher was actually printed on the card, or

(2) There was somewhere on the web site where you could enter the voucher number and find out its expiry date.

At the moment, the only way you can find out is by going on Live Chat and asking for the expiry date.

Is it possible for the Live Chat agent to re-validate an expired voucher?  I'm not sure.

Wlat

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Schnapps @4268 @Andy @SeeMoreDigital

Hi W

You know, I totally agree with both your points but as these vouchers are suppose to last 12 months from date of purchase before they expire, I would like to see a purchase date on the vouchers as well, that way you, and Now TV, would know both voucher purchase and expiry date.

And I believe that as vouchers are bought in batches, you would know which order to apply them to the Now TV system and not get your batch purchases confused.

UK Bob

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

....There is a lot of confusion about validity of vouchers.  It would be much better if, either: 

(1) The expiry date of each voucher was actually printed on the card, or

(2) There was somewhere on the web site where you could enter the voucher number and find out its expiry date.

Given that NOW TV vouchers could be sitting on warehouse or retailers shelves for weeks before getting into a customers hand, printing an expiry date on the actual voucher card would not work.

I guess typing a voucher code into data-base could work, however proof of the actual purchase date would also be required... And not everyone keeps this sort of stuff Smiley Surprised

ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User

Hi SMD

You know what would be easier, if NowTV allowed you to type in up to four vouchers at a time, that way the voucher start and end dates would run on sequentially and no other dates would matter.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Schnapps @4268 @Andy @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Guys

I took SMD's advice and ordered a NowTV smart box with a 3 month entertainment pass from Argos on 23rd December, that order turned up today as expected (all in for £25.00).

NowTV Smart Box with 3 Month Pass.jpg

However, when I examined the contents of my order I found that it only had a one month entertainment pass and not the 3 months I was expecting.  One reasonable call to Argos later, I found out that Argos cannot send me my expected 3 months pass by post, with a return envelope so I can send them back their one month pass, I have to return the whole "smart box" package. 

OK, so they are collecting the package and giving me a new one, hopefully with the correct pass, but to actually to incur such expense when a couple postage stamps and envelopes would achieve the same results seems wasteful.  

In other words, it's return everything, even though the missing item may be small, so that we can send a complete replacement.

Naff admin system

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ukbobboy

Firstly, I hope that you had a great Christmas and secondly......Crikey, Bob, that sounds like a proper faff!

I don't know where you live, nor do I know your situation but could you not take the box back to a local Argos and (After explaining and showing your paperwork/order) swap it there?  I guess that if you had a local store, or be able to get to one easily, you would probably have bought it there in the first place, rather than waiting for delivery but it's just a thought.

You are dead right in saying that it's a "Naff admin system". 

Like I say, it's just a thought.

All the best for the New Year, Bob. Smiley Happy

Take Care.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Abe

Thanks Abe, had a pleasant Christmas after cooking for four and a half hours but I don't really cook that often so from to time to time I like to plan and cook a proper meal.

Anyway on to the Argos saga, taking the box back to my local Argos was not an option, for the following reasons:

1) It's cold outside, no way am I leaving my warm home and go out in to the cold due to Argos not fulfilling our contract.

2) If you have ever ordered anything from Argos online you then know that there is no paper work

and so nothing to take as evidence.

3) I paid Argos to deliver the right product, i.e a £3.95 delivery charge, they didn't so the onus is on them to get the right items to me, it's just surprising that they have to take the most expensive route due to their inflexible admin system.

4) Because my order was online, the process to identify my order and the advert I responded to was very quick, pleasant and for me cost effective, I doubt if going to my local Argos would have been such a pleasant experience.

5) And finally, Argos have promised to replace my current NowTV smart box for another one with the correct pass tomorrow morning.

Abe, I hope your Christmas and New Year pleasant, happy and goes smoothly.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again @ukbobboy

5 good points there, Bob....Especially the first!  We ventured out today, must have been mad or still sozzled from Christmas as we saw brass monkeys giving up and going home! Smiley Wink

To be honest, I've never ordered online from Argos as we have three stores within about 6 or 7 miles, so I usually do the "Click and Collect" mallarkey (malarkey?, mullarky?...no idea!)

Anyway, I hope that you get your new "Smart Box" tomorrow and it's all fine and dandy.  I keep looking at the smart boxes but as I have a Humax PVR, I've never seen the need so I would be grateful for some "New user info", if you have the time.

Thanks for the good wishes and I hope that 2017 is a good'un for you!

All the very best! Smiley Happy

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Cheers Abe

Just one point about my delivery, on the box it says "Includes 3 Months ENTERTAINMENT Pass" but the pass itself just says "ENTERTAINMENT Month Pass", that's why I complained that I only got a month pass. Especially while all the other passes I have, both used and for the future, actually say on them " 3 month NOW TV Entertainment Pass" or " 3 month Entertainment Pass".

Anyway, have a brilliant new year.

UK Bob