cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

VPN Blocked

Hi is there any way I can watch SkyNOWtv via VPN?

I don't want to watch from another country or avoiding licensing vice versa, I just don't want my privacy invaded and activity logged, recorded or spied on. I assume there's somthing in the t&c's that mean I agree not to break the license agreements anyway, so can my setup be unblocked?

Also I frequently do Other things that require vpn, and want to simultaneously watch SkyNOW, but I can't because the VPN is blocked.

Regards

40 REPLIES 40
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi Guys

We check the location based on the IP you're using so if you're using a VPN we won't check your location, just the location your IP is set to. If you were in the UK, using a VPN and set it to the UK it should give you a different IP address and work

ukbobboy
Legend

@Tony-D

Hi Tony

Sorry but I am coming in late to this discussion and may have got the wrong end of the stick.

But your reply suggest that Now TV will allow a user/customer to use VPN when using their service.  However, it has always been my understanding, and I guess most knowledgeable users as well, that it is Now TV's policy not to allow any VPN usage with it's service. 

Therefore, can you please confirm Now TV's policy on VPN usage?

UK Bob

PS. I know Now TV likes to keep most of it's policies under wraps but this "VPN thing" should be clarified.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Tony-D

Hi Tony

Sorry but I am coming in late to this discussion and may have got the wrong end of the stick.

But your reply suggest that Now TV will allow a user/customer to use VPN when using their service.  However, it has always been my understanding, and I guess most knowledgeable users as well, that it is Now TV's policy not to allow any VPN usage with it's service. 

Therefore, can you please confirm Now TV's policy on VPN usage?

UK Bob

PS. I know Now TV likes to keep most of it's policies under wraps but this "VPN thing" should be clarified.

A little while ago we changed it to check IP Adresses only so if your VPN is set to UK then you should be fine @ukbobboy 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@Tony-D

Hi Tony

You said, "A little while ago we changed it (the VPN policy) to check IP Addresses only so if your VPN is set to UK then you should be fine".

Thanks for that info Tony, this is definitely good to know.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree to this !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yup..just greed f

@Anonymous User wrote:

I agree to this !

rm NowTV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree,i can watch on my roku. But not on my I pad because i have a vpn ..I am in uk also ..thriving ###### ,i wont be renewing my passes 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I presume that you have a VPN and aren't able to watch. Assuming that you are in the UK see if you can set up guest WiFi that comes straight from your router. That way you can keep the VPN for other things. Then use the guest WiFi to watch Now. Please note this won't work if you are not in the UK.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just purchased a NowTV pass using a vpn and now can't use it with the vpn. Doesn't seem quite right?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just purchased a NowTV pass using a vpn and now can't use it with the vpn. Doesn't seem quite right?

Hi @Anonymous User,

The use of VPN's has never been supported by NOW TV. And neither has accessing its service from outside the UK.

For more information look here: Can I watch NOW TV abroad?

Cheers