cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAB78
Mentor

User Profiles

(Apologies if this is in the wrong chat but it's not easy choosing one for this subject.) 

NOW TV is used by many families across the country and each family member has their own likes and dislikes. Currently there is no option for each family member to have their own profile so this means that if, for instance, two people are watching same show at their own speeds, it can get quite confusing trying the maintain your own progress in the show. This would also mean that "Continue Watching" is no longer a viable option. This makes using the service in a family environment a huge pain in the....

The feature of user profiles is included in most modern streaming services nowadays. I don't understand why we still don't have it as NOW TV customers? The shared use of a single account per household is allowed so why then are we expected to manage the content of 5 people, in some cases, on a single profile? 

If you feel as strongly about this as me, please share your thoughts and opinions here and maybe they will see it and consider implementing it.

Thanks and I know this has been asked for many times but we need to let them know that this is still something really want.

27 REPLIES 27
redchiz1
Champion 2

It would be nice, but personally I am not that bothered. We have multiple users within the same household and manage just fine. Try suggesting it to NOW directly. I doubt you will gain any extra leverage by posting here. 

RAB78
Mentor

Thanks for the support redchiz1. 

I think if I asked them directly, it would just be swept under the carpet and they wouldn't get to see the demand for it. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RAB78 

Something I posted 5 years ago……and still no profiles 😡😡😡😡😡

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Profiles-for-multiple-users/m-p/46954...

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RAB78
Mentor

Hi gavs82008, 

I think I read your post when looking for others that have asked about it. We need to keep going with this if we really want it which I believe most people do. I find it hard to believe that we still don't have it after all these years. Maybe implementing it would mean redesigning the app from ground up or something? I dunno. There must be a reason why they keep avoiding this. Has there ever been an official word from them on the subject? 

RAB78
Mentor

I guess this isn't a feature people want after all. 

RoyB
Legend

@RAB78 

Oh, we all want it. I want persistent subtitles too.

But I just popped out into the garden, and I’m pretty sure I got a more sympathetic hearing on this topic from my brick garden wall that I would have from Now 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RAB78
Mentor

Lol. I think you're right. This feature is a no brainer to me. Pretty standard stuff for a streaming service. Not saying they all have them though. Shudder doesn't either. Let's keep on at them and maybe one day we'll get it. 🙄🤞

ChrizK
Occasional Poster

Keep in mind that very few people bother with forums, especially when the organisation doesn't bother responding (oh, so many).  This is an absolutely obvious missing feature, so much so, it must be a concious decision by NowTV not to provide it.  I rarely have an active subscription as they are too expensive with too little engaging content (the more streaming services, the worse it becomes).  Not being customer aware is just another point against this service.  Back to Amazon ... (and goodbye Netflix now the kids can't watch outside the house)

apuk2004
Scholar 2

I'd like to see user profile added to NOW (as well as 4K content) so thought I'd bump this thread and hope the NOW team see it!