cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Universal remote

Hi, can anyone recommend an all4one Universal remote that can be use with nowtv smart box? I wish to be able to control TV standby/volume as well as all the usual nowtv remote features eg. Home/back etc

Thanks
Mark
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

is it possib;e to set up my samsung smart TV univeral remote to work with now tv box? When trying to set up, I've tried entering now tv box model number, nut nothing is found. Am I doing something wrong? 

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately, at this time i don't think this is possible. The only alternative to a NOW TV Remote is the Roku app available on iOS and Android 😕

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I guess it depends on the functionality of the universal remote. Some universal remotes offer a (IR) 'learning' function 😉

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, @Tony-D@SeeMoreDigital

All the Harmony remotes can control the Now TV boxes without any problems. Just select "now" as the manufacturer and "now tv" as the model. It will be confirmed as "Sky Now TV'.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On a One 4 All urc 7140 remote, I used Sky code 2467 and then used the learning function on the remote to programme the arrow keys, OK key, rewind, play, pause, fast forward, back and home buttons. The home button, I copied to "guide" on the remote. Some buttons took a few goes to copy correctly but they all work now. Hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi could you help me please I've just ordered a new remote for my now tv box but accidentally ordered a smart remote will it still work on my older box?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yes the remote will still work @Anonymous User Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My original Now TV remote control was no longer working, but I found a One For All 8 universal remote in my spares drawer.

Using a Sat code 3061, the Universal works, although it has many more keys than the original Now TV remote. The basic keys OK/ Left/Right/Up/Down work fine and some of the other keys also seem to have an effect e.g. Menu, but I need to experiment to fully investigate what other keys might be usefully.

The One For All 8 universal remote is easy to get hold of, and cheaper than a replacement remote, even if you are able to buy one!

Hope this information is useful to someone?