cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Universal remote

Hi, can anyone recommend an all4one Universal remote that can be use with nowtv smart box? I wish to be able to control TV standby/volume as well as all the usual nowtv remote features eg. Home/back etc

Thanks
Mark
27 REPLIES 27
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Not an all4one, but the Logitech Harmony remotes work perfectly. I use the 650, which has the advantage that a single button can be programed to turn on the tv, select the correct input and turn on the now tv box (by sending the "home" command"). Haven't tried the cheaper 350 model, but it should (might) be able to do the same.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb thanks Mark I'll take a look at that one. Ive also see that some of the all4one remotes have a 'magic' button that allows any button of the original remote to be copied which sounds interesting.
pirate0184
Scholar

Hi does anyone no of a universal remote the will work the now smart box.thanks

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @pirate0184

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV. 

You should be able to download the Roku app that works as a remote for the NOW TV Box. 

We do not have a supported Universal remote for the NOW TV Boxes. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to get back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It asks for a TV IP address when using the  app where can I find this 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey LeeAnne

Your TV will only have an IP address only if it's directly connected to the Internet, like a smart TV.  

Otherwise, it's your Now TV box or Stick will have the IP address and like most with Now TV facilities via other Internet connected devices, such as tablets, streaming boxes (Now TV & Roku), X Box, etc., it's the connected device that will have the IP address.

Hope this helps

UK Bob

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@pirate0184 Any of the Harmony remotes will do. I use the Harmony 650, which I can vouch for. The 350 is ok. Both allow 8 devices but the 650 has more functionality so would be a better choice as you can set up as many activities as required (the 350 only allows a single activity).

pirate0184
Scholar

@Mark_Weinreb thanks for your help.i didnt want to commit to buying one until someone could confirm it would work with now/roku box.the 650 looks just what i need.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@pirate0184 You're welcome. When you set it up, use "now" as the manufacturer and "now tv box" for the model. There is no seperate entry for the smart box.