cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unauthorised payment

Basically to cut a long story short Now TV have been taking money out of my bank account each month but it is not the card associated with my Now TV accounts. They have said I have no accounts with that payment card. I used to use that payment card but changed it quite a while ago. No one can seem to tell me what's happened, it doesn't appear that it's a forgotten account as nothing is coming up when they check my details and I'm just going round in circles. I'd like to know what account I'm paying for! I have the payment reference from the bank and have given them this but they still can't help, they've gone quiet and stopped replying now I've said I'll have to open a dispute and fraud case as it's looking like it's an account not associated with me at all and someone's using my card! I would be grateful of any advice, thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you reported the old card as lost or stolen?  If so, your bank should be refusing the payments, if they are not refusing them then that is certainly their problem.  If you have not reported it as lost or stolen then you should do that now.

Whether the bank will refund money taken before the card was reported as lost or stolen depends on whether they think you were careless with it or not, as the Terms and Conditions will say that you must protect it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have more than one now tv account and just thought what was coming out of my bank was for the account I was watching, it was only when I cancelled a subscription and it still came out I checked what card it was on and it was on a different one. I did originally have it on mine but due to maternity leave changed it to a different bank card for financial reasons. I just assumed maybe payment for one tv account was coming out of one bank and the other out of the other account but I checked all accounts and none are set to come of the card they are coming off if that makes sense. Now TV couldn't cancel the payments either as they couldn't find them but the money has gone and have had to cancel through the bank.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are contradicting yourself a bit, but I would recommend choosing one NOW TV account to use and cancelling all other passes on other accounts.  Always apply future vouchers to the one account you chose.

Maybe you can ask NOW TV to delete the accounts you don't want.  I don't know if they do this but maybe worth asking to stop any future confusion.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We had 2 now TV accounts as you were only allowed so many devices 4 I think at the time and watch on 2 devices at the same time, this wasn't enough for us hence more than 1 account, which we still use, as it's not a direct debit or standing order it didn't show as a regular outgoing payment which is why I didn't notice it and I have only recently started using online banking again and never had a reason to suspect money going out wasn't right. I just want to find out what now TV account has my bank card associated with it. I did use to pay with it and when I saw they were still taking money assumed the card hadn't been accepted and that's why I was still getting charged. It was only after cancelling a subscription online and going on internet banking and the payment had been taken that day that I realised there was an issue as I could see it in pending requests on online banking. I don't go through all my transactions as I've no need before, it was then that I went onto nowt TV to cancel the card and found that the card is not associated with the now TV accounts. Sorry it's hard to explain but now they've changed devices to 6 it will make it easier.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Funny you saying that as I'm having the same trouble, it seems to me they are quick taking money from peoples account but deny all knowledge of any accounts held plus I'm having great trouble in contacting them.