cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
busybee-47
Mentor

USB Test

Hi guys, i have a black now box, happily watched new Vera episode on ITVX on Wednesday night, last night no Vera 😞 ITVX loads, I select Vera next episode and it goes straight back to now home page ? ITVX will play new episode of unforgotten and other things but not vera, I have done the router and box unplug, I did a system update using the 5 3 2 method on remote, while I was there I did a usb test from the same page, and got the message " error, device missing or wrong speed " I am stumped, doesnt take much as I am an elderly lady lol, any idea on what may be happening, very much appreciated, BT are my  inter net suppliers, I have full fibre, so no choice to change, the now tv does often buffer a lot, but it has never not played a specific programme before, help me catch up with Vera please, thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @busybee-47 

Ignore the USB test error message where the USB feature in not relevant for NOW boxes.

If other TV shows and episodes are playing fine on the ITVX App from the NOW box, then it sounds to me it might be a content playback problem on this particular episode which ITVX need to fix.

Perhaps drop ITVX a message about this using the contact us form on the link below.

https://itvx-form.kustomer.support/contact/itvx-contactform-S1iw1IuGo 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @busybee-47 

Ignore the USB test error message where the USB feature in not relevant for NOW boxes.

If other TV shows and episodes are playing fine on the ITVX App from the NOW box, then it sounds to me it might be a content playback problem on this particular episode which ITVX need to fix.

Perhaps drop ITVX a message about this using the contact us form on the link below.

https://itvx-form.kustomer.support/contact/itvx-contactform-S1iw1IuGo 

busybee-47
Mentor

thank you so much schnapps for your reply< I will do what you suggest now, fingers crossed vera will be visible again soon. 🙂

RoyB
Legend

@busybee-47 

Which Vera episode are you trying to watch?

Series 12 goes up to Episode 4, so if that is the one you watched Wednesday, you will have to wait (a week?) for the next episode to drop.

Could this explain what you are seeing?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
busybee-47
Mentor

Hi, thank you for your reply, I was viewing the last two episodes of series 11, I did manage to get the last episode to load by resetting the ITVX app, so  it was lovely to have Vee back, but I just went to load series 12, 1st episode, and I have the same problem, the sponsor page to Vera comes on but alas it then goes straight back to Now home page, so won't load any Vera episodes at all, but never mind, I shall go and reset ITVX again now and hope the episode loads, thank you for making time to reply, much appreciated 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@busybee-47  and also @schnapps @RoyB 

If it helps my mum has been trying to watch Vera season 12 also on ITVX via her Amazon Fire Stick. She’s been having plenty of issues with it, when she contacted ITVX they accepted it was an issue at their end. 
They did manage to sort it in the end.  Looks like like the issue with that show is very wide spread.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
busybee-47
Mentor

thank you, and it does help to know others are having the same problem, I watched 1st episode of series 12 last night, but had to reset ITVX first, as there are only 3 more episodes to go I am just happy to have vera back, good luck to your Mom.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @busybee-47 

Because you mentioned other TV shows play fine on the ITVX App on your NOW black box and only Vera seems to be the problem, then I think it is ITVX end that needs fixing.

A couple of things you could try in the meantime just incase it's a NOW box glitch or conflict with the ITVX App and the NOW box.

From the NOW home screen page on the box keep pressing the back button (button next to home on the remote controller) to bring up a hidden menu on the left hand side of the television screen.

Once you see the extra menu on the LHS select Settings, then Systems, then software update, just in case there is new updates (including App updates).

Try that first and then try Vera again.

If no joy and Vera episodes are still not playing correctly.

Then go back into the side hidden menu on the LHS of the television screen following the same instructions above, then select My Apps, then highlight ITVX App and remove it.

Then again from the LHS hidden menu go to Apps Store and find the ITVX App again and Add it again.

If you do this you will have to sign into the ITVX App again with your ITVX login details.

Might be worth a try if ITVX have pushed out a new App update or the existing App is corrupted.

busybee-47
Mentor

thanks again, because I did not know how to remove an app and then re install, I am grateful for all th lovely replies, thank you so much. 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @busybee-47 

If you are not comfortable to remove the ITVX App by highlighting it under My Apps and clicking on the star button with options to include remove App or not confident to Add the App again under Apps Store or a bit hesitant with the method to sign into the ITVX new App again.

Then the safe bet (which I recommend for now) is to leave the ITVX App has it is, where you only have one more Vera episode to go.

Should you have other playback issues across various TV shows in the future with ITVX , then maybe consider the App removal and reinstall App option (though leave it for now especially if it's only Vera that is the problem).

I would still try the software update though in my previous instructions below.

Though it does point to an ITVX problem, rather than the NOW Box itself.