cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

USB/SD DISABLED NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

Heard about the new box on several internet sites and mentioning new USB features, went to Now TV yesterday and they have spec listing as follows so thought I'd upgrade my white box

USB media formats:
Video: MP4 (H.264), MKV (H.264)
Audio: AAC, MP3
Image: JPG, PNG
Remote:
Infra Red
Compatible with various universal remotes
Ports:
HDMI (cable included), Ethernet, microSD card slot, USB

NOWHERE does it say that that this hardware is disabled unless you scroll through the help section which given the simplicity of set-up owning one already I saw no reason to do:

Micro SD & USB

You’re currently unable to connect the NOW TV Box to a Micro SD card, or other expandable media storage devices.

It might be subsidised pricewise expected that given it's closed channel list compared to a standard Roku but the lack of openess regarding this is pretty poor!

177 REPLIES 177
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi P.

Some of the instructions, such as the part where you can register false financial CCs, are out of date and will no longer work, i.e. if Now TV cannot take and refund 10p from your CC then your Now TV box will be blocked.

Therefore, in order to have a working Now TV box or any other Now TV facility you must register a valid account.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I've noticed the newer boxes being sold on auction sites with a 24-month Plex pass (& sometimes other channels offering the latest films) for a one-off cost of £60-70, & also includes Sky Movies, Sports, etc.

Are these legal, & if yes how to create one of these yourself for a similar/better price?

Didn't post any links to the actual auction listings as not sure this is allowed, but can do if ok.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if not illegal very very grey. You're paying for access to a server which the owners are breaking the law with to stream content you've not paid the owners for.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi G

Remember, whenever you see anything advertised on the Internet that is too good to be true then 99 times out of 100 it is, i.e. it's a con.

In order to be safe on the Internet, only purchase stuff from established and/or well known companies and only use a credit card.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please can some one tell me what screen you need to be on when preforuming the functions to acess the Dev Settings

i have try the functions several times bur i seem to end up on the search screen once i have dont it

is there a pictular screen you need to be on when you start

screen shots would be helpfull

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I do it whilst I have the tiles of all the apps showing, but it should work anywhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi smdodgson47

Hopefully, by now you have managed to sideload Plex.

I watched the video on Page 6 of this thread which helped.

As others have said, you have press the buttons quickly!

Good luck.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the side loaded plex supports accessing remote servers?

Got a friend interested in picking up a Gen 1 or 2 box purely to access my server remotely.

Thanks

Fin.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Does anyone know if the side loaded plex supports accessing remote servers?

Got a friend interested in picking up a Gen 1 or 2 box purely to access my server remotely.

Thanks

Fin.

Yes, you can connect to remote servers by entering the IP address. 

Legend 5
Legend 5
I have not used Plex but it looks interesting. Do all the available apps/ add ons work via the now TV box? Does it allow you to send across TV you access on a PC/tablet. e.g. Filmon or the varying take TV with you apps such as Sky go, Tv2go or virgin TV anywhere?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.