cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

USB/SD DISABLED NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

Heard about the new box on several internet sites and mentioning new USB features, went to Now TV yesterday and they have spec listing as follows so thought I'd upgrade my white box

USB media formats:
Video: MP4 (H.264), MKV (H.264)
Audio: AAC, MP3
Image: JPG, PNG
Remote:
Infra Red
Compatible with various universal remotes
Ports:
HDMI (cable included), Ethernet, microSD card slot, USB

NOWHERE does it say that that this hardware is disabled unless you scroll through the help section which given the simplicity of set-up owning one already I saw no reason to do:

Micro SD & USB

You’re currently unable to connect the NOW TV Box to a Micro SD card, or other expandable media storage devices.

It might be subsidised pricewise expected that given it's closed channel list compared to a standard Roku but the lack of openess regarding this is pretty poor!

177 REPLIES 177
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User for me on both the white and black boxes, the first time I try to enable dev mode the box reboots, but then I head back in to the hidden screen and this time after accepting the terms I'm prompted to set a password. After this I can gain access to the web gui.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that's strange, I swear I've just done this 4 times already with no changes then as soon as you post this I go into it again and just like you say, it's now asking for a password...

which is good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

If it's asking for a password just put anything in, you'll be asked to use it later on in the process when you go to the web page.

EDIT - I found the process exactly the same as for the white box.  Out of interest does anyone know what the the latest available version is?  Cheers @Anonymous User

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are ment what the latest software version is for the old white box I believe it is as follows:

Software version: 6.1
build: 5660

Unfortunately I can't double check that as I don't have an old now TV box in use any more

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6

Thanks, but I meant the latest version of PlexSmiley Surprised

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

woops Smiley LOL You wouldn't have caught me out had he specifically asked what the latest version of Plex was. Smiley Happy

The latest version of Plex for Roku is version 3.1 as of 13th March 2015

I checked that on my new Roku 3 4200EUA Smiley Tongue

I have heard that the latest version of Plex is a bit much for the old now TV box to handle. So it's probably best if you only try to install it on the new box

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@commanda6

Thanks, but I meant the latest version of PlexSmiley Surprised

3.1.4 is the last version we can sideload. Plex has gone private and future versions are only available from the Roku store.

Click https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_kqbnihtqDoT0ZxanNNdGowVGs then click the download arrow at the top, and sideload to your Now TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done both things on the now box just neef to konw how to get to the browser please help 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi M

Can you explain yourself a bit better, like others who have read your note I have no idea what you are actually saying or asking for.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable