cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hershamroy
Advocate

UK TVPlayer

When will we be able to access UK TV Player on our Now TV boxes?

7 Replies
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: UK TVPlayer

@hershamroy they would have to build a Roku app first before NOW TV could consider adding it to their store. 

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

@hershamroy wrote:

When will we be able to access UK TV Player on our Now TV boxes?

I'd like to see that app, hopefully one day Cat Sad

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

Apparently freeview are bringing out an app. Would be nice if that was available on Now

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

caseyb1993 Legend 5
Legend 5

it's likely they will if they are for freeview.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
0 Thanks
awillo32
Expert 2

It's on youview its not very good tbh not many shows available last time I checked it.

**I'm Just a helpful customer**
0 Thanks
artesea Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
Apparently freeview are bringing out an app. Would be nice if that was available on Now

It's not that simple, each device has a different framework and methods to play the video.

Their Android app is so rubbish that it took them 6 months to get it to work with Lollipop (although they claim they are ready for Marshmallow)

@caseyb1993 wrote:
it's likely they will if they are for freeview.

Not really, if the developers at UKTV don't make a Roku app, it'll never appear on the NOW TV box, and if they do, it would still need to go through the Sky approval process.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
4268 Legend 5
Legend 5

Appreciate the obstacles, but still would be nice.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...