cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

UK TVPlayer

When will we be able to access UK TV Player on our Now TV boxes?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User they would have to build a Roku app first before NOW TV could consider adding it to their store. 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

When will we be able to access UK TV Player on our Now TV boxes?

I'd like to see that app, hopefully one day Cat Sad

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5

Apparently freeview are bringing out an app. Would be nice if that was available on Now
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

it's likely they will if they are for freeview.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
Apparently freeview are bringing out an app. Would be nice if that was available on Now

It's not that simple, each device has a different framework and methods to play the video.

Their Android app is so rubbish that it took them 6 months to get it to work with Lollipop (although they claim they are ready for Marshmallow)

@caseyb1993 wrote:
it's likely they will if they are for freeview.

Not really, if the developers at UKTV don't make a Roku app, it'll never appear on the NOW TV box, and if they do, it would still need to go through the Sky approval process.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's on youview its not very good tbh not many shows available last time I checked it.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Appreciate the obstacles, but still would be nice.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.