cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thoughts on the help forum

Not sure where to post this, hopefully I've picked an appropriate category. Just thought a thread on how the forum might be improved would be nice 🙂

I'm new to the forum and there are a few things which come to mind, so I thought I'd go for one thing that's great, and one thing I don't like!

I must admit, having used other forums in the past, one big difference is the patience shown, to people posting a question they could have searched for. I think that's a good thing, as people may be new and haven't necessarily used an internet forum before.

My other thought, is posts where people paste the whole thread of their live chat. Ive seen this a few times, and its always made me uncomfortable. It names the person trying to help them, but is also often an unpleasant point scoring type chat which gets posted, seemingly at the expense of aiming to humiliate the person trying to help on the other end. I'm all for transparency and all, however I really think this should be discouraged and maybe added to the forum rules.

Thoughts anyone?

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll try to explain why I found it hard to find live chat at first. I went into help. I pressed 'How to contact us'. I skim read it, and thought that pressing the 'did this solve your problem ' button would make the option for live chat appear 😄

In hindsight...it's harder to find a help page that DOESNT have the contact button on!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh, and I think I come on to see stressed people complaining and remind myself I would never hold down a job working for customer service 😄
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Oh, and I think I come on to see stressed people complaining and remind myself I would never hold down a job working for customer service 😄

@Anonymous User  that's why this works well on the whole, real customers being helped by real customers.  I find people often calm down when they know someone gives a stuff.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for starting up this thread, it's great for me to see what areas we need to improve of the forum. 

I'm not sure we can stop people posting their live chats, but is something that I can look into. 

The reason why there is no live chat option on the How to contact us article is because we want to promote self service, so giving the link at the bottom of that article would stop customers from viewing articles that may already have their answer. I do agree it is slightly confusing. 

We are looking to update our help site and make it more mobile friendly so please keep an eye out. 

Appreciate the feedback guys, keep it coming. 

Karl