cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thoughts on the help forum

Not sure where to post this, hopefully I've picked an appropriate category. Just thought a thread on how the forum might be improved would be nice 🙂

I'm new to the forum and there are a few things which come to mind, so I thought I'd go for one thing that's great, and one thing I don't like!

I must admit, having used other forums in the past, one big difference is the patience shown, to people posting a question they could have searched for. I think that's a good thing, as people may be new and haven't necessarily used an internet forum before.

My other thought, is posts where people paste the whole thread of their live chat. Ive seen this a few times, and its always made me uncomfortable. It names the person trying to help them, but is also often an unpleasant point scoring type chat which gets posted, seemingly at the expense of aiming to humiliate the person trying to help on the other end. I'm all for transparency and all, however I really think this should be discouraged and maybe added to the forum rules.

Thoughts anyone?

13 REPLIES 13
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User  the thing about this forum is whilst Now Staff are on it.  The vast majority of people on here are users like ourselves.   We know the frustations of using equipment in the real world.  We also learn how to fix problems and help each other.  Help can be impersonal and sometimes when you search for something it cannot be found.  Knowing you are in contact with folk in the UK here is reasssuring.  I also think it is reassuring to most people who come in here stressed to know that someone acknowledges their concern and tries to get them help.  This may be as simple as helping them to find chat.  

People will always post things that we disagree with or try their luck in certain instances.  Posting a chat does not prove them to be in the right.   I do think it is a shame that people don't realise they are posting on a public forum at times. 

Of course not everyone is patient on here.  Some don't like you posting the same question as another person or re posting same in different section.  I think sometimes there is a danger of posts getting lost in a long thread and confusion as to who is being answered.  I have seen people get upset with each other because they both thought the other was staff and thought the staff person was being unhelpful.    

Of course from an entirely cynical point of view,  having customers provide customer service they can keep costs down allowing them to keep the costs of passes down- especially when purchased as gift cards or as a bundle with a box.  It certainly is the cheapest way to have Sky Movies, my average cost of that is less than £5 a month.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:

I think sometimes there is a danger of posts getting lost in a long thread and confusion as to who is being answered.  I have seen people get upset with each other because they both thought the other was staff and thought the staff person was being unhelpful.    

@Anonymous User @4268 . That's why I tend to quote the post I'm responding to as it helps avoid confusion. I also clearly state in my post signature that I am not a member of staff. Although sometimes people don't pay attention to post signatures, but it usually does help them avoid confusion. I also use the forms mention function like I did here to make it clear who I'm talking to.

I do think people posting their live chat conversations is a bit wrong and it does make people feel uncomfortable

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268, I understand what you say around 'from a cynical point of view...' so it interests me why people do stick around and help out, I must admit I find the forum quite fascinating from that perspective.

@commanda6 I'm glad I'm not alone in finding people posting their live chat content a bit uncomfortable, I was wondering if it was just me!

Cheers for replying 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@commanda6@4268

Apologies for butting in, I stick around, sometimes more than others, as I find the whole NOW TV set up quite amusing.  To a new customer it can be pretty hard to grasp - the combination of boxsets, expiry dates, catch up & live TV.  In a lot of ways they are their own worst enemy, especially when advertising box sets which folk sometimes sign up for only to find that they may expire in a matter of days!  And Live Chat is so difficult to findSmiley Surprised  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No need to apologise @Anonymous User !

I remember trying to find live chat myself when I first signed up, as my voucher 'dropped off' - only had one account as well 🙂 it genuinely just vanished! I found chat eventually but I'd almost convinced myself it didn't exist 😄

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I remember trying to find live chat myself when I first signed up, as my voucher 'dropped off' - only had one account as well 🙂 it genuinely just vanished! I found chat eventually but I'd almost convinced myself it didn't exist 😄

Hmmm....

Even if there was a large yellow banner at the top of each forum web page saying: "a link to live chat can be found at the bottom of every the 'help centre' article", many people would either miss it or ignore it. Just like they do now when the same yellow banner is used to display NOW TV service issues!

"Oh I'm so depressed. Here I am......"

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User totally agree re chat. That is why I put instructions in my signature. Though some people still struggle to reach it. Also I think chat should be more mobile friendly. Not everyone has or is by a PC/Laptop when they need help regarding their account.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I come online to:

• talk to fellow Superhero Fans/get DC news.
  • It got me out of a couple of jams 
  • I like helping people solve their problems
  • @Andy and @commanda6 like to torment me and won't let me leave. Help me......

Seriously though, it has lots of advice to help solve issues but I agree on the live chat trouble. Like SMD said though, people would ignore a message at the top directing them to live chat but when you 'panic' that you can't cancel or the box isn't working, your mind goes nuts 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 , you cheeky monkey. I don't torment you. Much Smiley LOL

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.