cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The "recently watched" list appears to have disappeared. Is this intentional?

I used to use the recently watched list as a quick way to get to the last episode I had watched in a series. Now this has disappeared you have to scroll through all the episodes in a series. Would it be possible to add a "last watched" option when clicking on a series in the watch list or maybe have it go straight to the next episode when you select the series like amazon prime does?

13 REPLIES 13
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User That's odd, on which device?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Roku 2

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post.

You can now find your recently watched programs under "MY TV > Continue watching" same function, just a different name and a new home. Hope that helps! 

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I've seen this but it's not the same function. When you select a program in the continue watching menu it takes you to that episode but there is no quick way of getting to the list of seasons and episodes in that box set so that you can watch the next episode.  When you selected an Episode in recently watched it took you to the episode in the list of episodes so that you could just press down once and you were at the next episode. To get to the next episode in a box set now you go into watch list, select the series, then the season and then scroll down to the next episode you want. This can be up to 24 extra button presses. Yes I know it probably only takes a few extra seconds but the old way was much easier and quicker. A simple button along the lines of the "latest" button at the top of the series menu that takes you to "next to watch" would solve this issue. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User do you watch to end or just to credits on program.  I think that is where the issue is.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just until credits start (who watches the credits? Lol). I guess what you're saying is if I select next episode at this point it's that one that will then appear in the continue watching menu. Hadn't thought of that, doh!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J

It's not the same as the new"Continue Watching" is very poor and has lost a lot of functionality and makes the Now TV service one of the worst for user interfaces.

Now you are restricted to just 8 programs in this section whereas before in the "Recently Watched" section it stored up to 100 episodes, like the watchlist.

The Watchlist is also poor as it doesn't separate TV & Movies nor does it return back to where you were on the back button so you have to scroll through everything again and again.

Now TV is going backwards.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Just checked my Continue Watching section and i have a combination of 19 number shows & movies which is more than the 8 programs you seem to be getting / restricted too ?

Also i am sure when it was Recently Watched it didn't separate on screen between Movies or TV shows the last played event was shown first on the top left hand corner of the screen ?

BTW - Just for the record I preferred the Recently Watched feature and i am still getting to grips with this new Continue Watching alternative.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I definitely preferred the old Recently Watched feature and don't really like the Continue Watching as it's screwed up system I'd developed for watching certain programmes Smiley Sad